Chapter Fifteen

Sunlight shines in on the office from the vast sky above. It is 7:00 in the morning, and all of the staff at Feathershine Counseling and Co. are huddled around Nettlebounce's desk, watching cat videos while Feathershine walked through the door, the little bell ringing.

Feathershine: Hello everyone!

The other cats are too occupied with the videos that they don't notice Feathershine's arrival.

Feathershine: *annoyed.* We have a customer today.

Mottledleaf laughs as a cat, onscreen, fell behind a couch. Nettlebounce's face flushed, and she muttered something about it being her.

Feathershine: I have your paychecks!

The cat videos stop.

Nettlebounce: Me first, please! I ordered you your pizza already today.

Feathershine: Your sister spits in my pizzas, so I don't want it. And I was lying. I just needed to get your attention.

Mottledleaf: *sighs.* Well do we actually have a customer, or are you lying about that too?

Feathershine: So you were listening! And yes! *steps aside.*

Mysterious Customer: Hi.

Mottledleaf: Princess?

Fireheart: MY SISTER!

Mottledleaf: *quietly; to Nettlebounce.* The only cat he gets right... well, close to right. Princess is his granddaughter.

Princess: *hugs Fireheart.* Hi there! I didn't know you got a job as a janitor here, Mottledleaf. *smiles.*

Mottledleaf: *narrows her eyes.* I'll have you know that I'm basically the counselor here, since Feathershine sucks so much.

Feathershine: I mean she's not wrong.

Princess: *laughs.* Well then I'd like to have my session with Mottledleaf instead.

Mottledleaf: Twice the price.

Princess: *shrugs.* I'm so rich that it doesn't matter.

Feathershine: That's not possible, I'm the only counselor.

Princess: *pulls out her wallet and starts pulling out bills.*

Feathershine quickly quiets.

Fireheart: *is still hugging Princess.*

Feathershine: I guess I'll go clean the windows if I'm apparently so useless. *passive aggressively stalks off.*

Nettlebounce: No, don't touch the windows! You're going to mess them up.

Feathershine: I'm going to go order a pizza then. *sniffs.*

Princess: *with Fireheart attached to her, she turns to Mottledleaf.* So where's your office?

Mottledleaf starts padding toward Feathershine's office, but the she-cat stops her and points her toward the janitor's closet. She steps into the closet, Princess following.

Fireheart: Don't leave me sister :c :c

Princess: *kicks him out of the closet.* Bye.

Fireheart: *whimpers.*

Mottledleaf: Anyways, so what's your problem? *tilts her head.*

Princess: Well, I have a problem with money...

Mottledleaf: *gasps.* Really? I never would have thought my rich, successful sister would have a problem with money...

Princess: I have too much of it!

Mottledleaf: There it is. *groans.*

Princess: Like, I'm getting so stressed! I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my money! I have nowhere to put it!

Mottledleaf: I hate you.

Princess: *continues.* And my dear younger sister, Mottledleaf, she's so poor... I wish I could help her, but she's too stubborn.

Mottledleaf: Here's an idea... why don't you burn your money?

Feathershine: *pokes her head into the closet.* Hi. Idea - donate your money to a charity.

Princess: Good idea! I'll donate it to a charity... any suggestions?

Feathershine: My office building is a charity...

Mottledleaf: The fireplace also might work.

By Rio. ⛈