Chapter V: The Abduction

The golden crystal sun was getting up in a blaze of gloriousness. It was hard for Amy not to look at the warm rays of light as they touched delicately the tree twigs. It was so beautiful the light, it looked like blossoming veils of honey that caressed the sky, the green plants, her white porcelain skin, the crunchy ground and the birds brisk voices. What she loved most about the human world was that glorious beauty it has, with all the small creatures and the activities people have every day. For her, a bite from a pink cupcake made her soul be uplifted and gave her goosebumps of joy. For people, it was so normal and boring. She had moments when she could understand all their sorrows, she could feel their pain and all that she wanted was to make them smile,or, at least, cry with them and surround herself with sad ideas, and days when she was the happiest person ever and she could only see brightness in everything and be the most optimistic person ever. Angel. Sorry. Not person.

She began to drift apart. She began to get closer and closer to the human race... She could still hear the prayers, and sometimes read their souls, and fill a room with joy any time she wanted, she could still protect people of bad and evil things, but, it wasn't the same. She felt like she was a saint. That's all. A saint. A normal person with normal life, that can make miracles and help and heal people, and has assured a place in heaven as an angel, but she is not an angel already. How could that happen? As a spirit, or whatever she used to be in heaven, she was so good and spiritual and she didn't want or need anything. Now, she wanted and needed everything . She wanted chocolate, she couldn't last a day without music, she had to buy some clothes, she had to read, read, read all day and watch films. She had to live. She had to learn that awful thing called technology. Could someone ever imagine that there is a thing you can hate and love in the same time, so much, like technology?? She loved nature and outer world, she loved people and the sky, she loved the real world, but, she started to also hate the society and its miserable paths, and she adored the world from the books, internet and all the other horribly wonderful things humankind has created.

Yet. She was still doing her job.

Rhea grew faster and faster. Well, not that fast. She was only two years old and half. But there was something in her intelligent look that made Amy proud of her. Emilia and Linus couldn't get over the fact that their lovely "Miss Rose" had no idea how to drive a car, among other weird things poor girl had no clue about. Linus almost pushed her into the driver seat just to make her learn how to drive. They both said it was silly for such a talented and intelligent, also a former (technically) young woman surgeon not to know something so simple like that. Plus, if they sent their daughter to the local kindergarten, could she go on her own feet? Small Clara (their other 7 years old daughter) started school too, and it would be much easier to use a car, than an old school bus. Clara was so sweet that it was hard for Amy not to create a beautiful bond with her. She started to tell her stories about the angels and how beautiful the heaven is, not that she would have any reason to know that. Just stories. Clara and William were both coming from the same family, but they had no intention to know more about them, as they loved their adoptive parents more than anything on that world. Their biological parents, let's say, didn't treat them properly at all, so the social services had to cut in. All they knew about their parents was that they died in a car accident. It was better for them not to know the truth or try to contact them again. Amy, as a matter fact, on William's eleventh birthday, considering the fact that his parents technically died in a car accident and she had definitely read too many books, wrote to him a letter saying that he was chosen to go into the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, but, there were no places left, so he had to wait for the next year to come. She just hoped he will not read the series so soon, that he actually might get attached or even obsessed so much to that fictional universe that he might want to really go there.