Chapter IV: The Demon

It has been one year since she came on Earth. Okay. That sounded weird. But, it was true. And everything got better and better. She had those money put in a bank account and, apparently, they kept coming every month. She didn't want to question from where they were coming. She was happy that she had money. Uriel told her that she won't need food or water,but, because of the circumstances,she had to eat so much food and drink water that she began to get used to eating. And it was really hard not to get bewitched by the smell of hamburgers. If you are a true Saint and pure person dedicated to God, you don't need food or water to live, you already have spiritual food and water that feeds your soul. Well,you know what? Fuck the spiritual food. Touchable one was much better. She knew it was wrong. She had gone on the wrong path... and she was an angel... but she was OK with it. She was saying while chewing the ham "God forgive me" as she was taking another bite. She even got fatter. that made her stop a little bit from eating. The temptation destroyed her. Yet, she didn't feel on the wrong side of existence... she felt...human. Probably, she has never been an angel anyway. That thought made her feel better. If she thought she was only a human put to guard another human, with a dangerous and hard destiny, she kind of felt pity towards herself. But it was a lie. The angel powers proved it. Even though even the powers got weaker. She couldn't judge people so easily, she couldn't read them as she once did... she had to use her intelligence. She had to mix her divine reading skills with her deductive ones. And she was pretty damn good at it.

It was one day of summer. Completely gorgeous and hot, where she could watch the stars twinkling on the dark sky. As she was looking up she kind of felt lonely and homesick. She got so much used to the humans that she started to feel like them. And all of them had a childhood,they had parents, they had memories... she had...nothing. she had the heaven and the angels. Which was beautiful and bright. She had the monastery and the love of God. But it didn't feel enough. She didn't have any parents... she had other people's memories. She could only remember how she went above the small children and watched them going to sleep and making wishes, as they were kissed by their lovely parents on the forehead. She never thought that she felt...envious then. She felt...sad. She lived with those children's life, but it wasn't hers. And now she lived with Rhea. She heard her childish thoughts. Some tears crawled down on her white burning face. She looked in the mirror and saw her human face. It felt weird. Was that her? She had a side braid hair, wearing some jeans, dark green blouse that showed her shoulders and a small black leather bracelet. She stopped wearing white. It was silly. She wasn't an angel anyway. She was pretty. She was... Amy? That was her name right?
Angels have depersonalisation moments too? Or is it only her? She was looking at the reflexion and suddenly felt something touching her stomach. It was a feeling she only had once when she read a really strange mysterious book. She felt like something was in her stomach, and her heart started to beat faster and faster. Her knees became weak. What was that feeling? It was something like...frightening. She felt scared. Or...adrenaline? Passion? It was something deep, anyway. It reassembled the emotion that crossed her soul when she was outside, in the cold dark night, and wind made her shiver, making her feel scared and cold, but also warm and weird and.... That's the same feeling. It was something wrong. She knew it. She quickly looked at the child. Emilia and Linus were in the city, having dinner or something like that and she had to stay with the children, Rhea, the 6 years old girl and the 10 years old boy they had adopted. They seemed really happy and in love. It was so nice and cute to see them like that. But she had to be careful. She felt something was wrong that night. Something like danger,but not really. It wasn't a common feeling. It was a feeling that confused her more than ever. She switched off the radio, as she was listening to some pop music (she found out she really liked pop music, classic one, opera and also Show tunes. She loved show tunes. Yet, she was too scared to like rock. She had a fear for that gender). Amy looked around to see if something wrong was going to happen. Rhea was in her playing corner, with some dolls and child toys, wearing a cute pink dress and a red bandana that was too rebel for a cute child like her. Amy touched her necklace. It was a protection one. It had a small silver cross that protected her of demons and other evil creatures. In fact, as she was an angel, she herself should be a protection item. Demons couldn't touch her. They could fight against her, and probably torture her, but that only if she didn't have that angelic protection sphere she had been spreading around.