Chapter III: Home

She sniffed the air. Okay. It was dusty. And smelly. And utterly horrible. But, at least,it was a house, right? And it was bright. It was bright, the walls were painted on white, and all the furniture was made of bright browny wood with small details that made it look cozy. A vase with flowers, yellow orange and green pillows, paintings on the white walls. In the bedroom she found a wardrobe with some colorful clothes, that she took them immediately to get changed. She put on a pair of jeans. She saw them before. Every person wore them. Even the girls. She then put on a white blouse, made of soft velvet, like her former dress. Now, she looked nice. And girlish. She looked human. She admired her reflexion in the mirror, and, after she started to accidentally pose in some positions, she cleared her mind and thought "no. You are here with one job. You won't get involved into this human life. Angel. You are an angel. Angel!!!!".

Every day on was a fight. She obviously went to visit the small girl, without someone notice her. It was weird for her. Apparently, Rhea's house was only some streets away from hers. They were living in a small town near a oak tree forest, called "Silver Stars". The worst part came when she was walking in the city, and one of the people saw her and asked her when did she arrive there. She just jumped out and almost screamed because she was used to people not being able to see her. She looked scared around, and,when she realised the woman was talking to her she said slowly "ehh.... fine". Okay, her social abilities weren't good at all. Her lovely neighbour faded embarrassed (Amy actually felt that the woman had a weird repulsive feelings towards her) and left her alone in the middle of the road. She started to fear a little bit of the people. She just didn't want to talk to anyone at all. She had a job. She was an angel sent to protect a small girl searched by some dangerous people she had no idea who they were, in a dangerous world where no one knew her. At least she had that thing. That angel power. She could feel what other people felt,she could hear their prayers and she could see into their eyes whether they are good people or not. And she knew everything about them. Yet, the most empathic she felt towards Rhea. She was almost five months ago. Yet, she had her own thoughts. Amy could sense something special about her. She was...very intelligent. And she will have a bright future. Or very dark. She couldn't choose. It was something strange about her... When she was looking at the child she could see herself somehow. But that was wrong. She was an angel. A spirit. Rhea was a human. How could she compare herself with something like that?? The only thing that made her feel right were always her powers. Her power to make things beautiful. She could whisper nice things to the people around her, every time she felt they were feeling sad. It was like a weird warm invisible hug. And she could smile to them and brighten up their day. She could take small crusty branches of trees and make them be green again. She could make light in darkness. But not that much. She wasn't allowed to use her powers unless she really had to. She wasn't allowed to change things too much. Or make any miracles. She could do that. But not too often. And do it when she felt it was the right thing to do only. And she loved that.

Amy started to change her clothes a bit. She was still wearing white things, and a soft bracelet, but she put her hair in a bun that looked horrible on her (but who cares anyway), and she started to wear leather boots. If she was an angel, at least she could be a stylish one. It was hard for her to resist to any human wishes. And, after all, she was an angel in modern times... She could fit in society better if she got involved into their activities. She opened the TV . She saw one before. She watched it before. But now, it was her own TV. Her own things. It wasn't that bad, anyway, right? An angel must be informed.

Days passed and passed. Finally, Amy figured up that it was much easier for her to keep an eye and protect Amy if she got involved into their family. So, she went to an interview for a babysitter job. It was a really clever way she could fit in. When Emilia opened the the door, she looked surprised, as she never send any babysitter request. Amy got shy. It was hard for her to talk to people. She loved it. But she also hated it. She has never talked to people before. She knew what to say but she couldn't say it. Like a barrier. "Eh... It wasn't me who came with the idea. It was your old aunt Margaret. I knew her. And she talked to me about your situation. I just wanted to help and make her last wish come true... that's why I won't even take any money. Consider me a friend". So, first of all, she lied. She just sinned. She was an angel,and she lied. She felt something crossing her chest when she did that. God was probably ashamed of her. She had to!! She had to show Emilia she wasn't one of the people who chased over her daughter. Amy knew aunt Margaret. That's another thing angels can do. They know souls. Who died, how, and where it went. She felt Aunt Margaret. Nice person. Her soul was green. She had warm memories about Emilia. It was perfect. And, just to make it better, she gave Emilia a small whisper, a tender look and a smile that melted her. After all, she was an angel. And Emilia felt it. Somehow she knew that girl stranding in front of her was a friend. And Linus did it too. Obviously, it was hard for her, even for an angel, to take care of three children. In her contract was only Rhea, not another two small devils. Yet, she loved the children and put a protective spell on them too. They had guardian angels also, but those ones were in heaven. Rhea was smiling to Amy every time she was seeing her. It was the most beautiful feeling she could get, the warm sweet smile and giggle of a child that loved her. Emilia started to trust her more than anything and started to talk to her. She started to question her past and her job. Amy got panicked. She, then, remembered all  her biology knowledge, so she made the stupid mistake to say she is a former doctor. Stupid, really stupid. She couldn't get Linus off her head. "What did you do?", "How many cancer tumours patients you saved?", "What do you think of stem cells?", "Do you believe that is there any way you could get a treatment against cancer?". He had this obsession with cancer. She kind of felt it boring. Yes, it was one of the worst diseases ever, but, you know,there are others down there too, don't ignore them, they might feel bad for that... She stopped then. She just...fought for the rights of the other diseases?? Did she just say cancer was boring?? A feeling of fear crossed her heart. What was that thought? She was an angel, how could she say something like that? How could she ignore that horrible thing? Probably she spent too much time on Earth. She had to brighten the others, not the others darken her.
Linus was trying to find this cure against cancer. Somehow. She kind of understood it, but she also felt it was wrong and it would never work. Cancer had a cure, but it wasn't its time yet. Later. And, when an angel says something, you'd better  trust it. But he didn't care. He kept working and working, day and night... he was a good person, but he wasn't that much connected with the spiritual world. He was more rational and sceptical. He didn't believe. In God, you know. She tried to make him believe, but, apparently, that wasn't her job. At least Rhea did. If a 5 months old baby can gave faith.

Amy started to get closer and closer to reality and human world. She already knew a lot, but she found out more and more. She also found out she was living in this country, United States. And she learned a lot about its history and geography. Even though, a lot of it was wrong written. Not to mention the religion. If you only  read those books... Full of lies. And she found some stupid books that said that Jesus had a child and it was this dynasty... yes, it was wrong. It didn't make her very angry, actually, in a weird way. As she knew, he never had a child, but, who knows it, anyway... She stopped her thoughts again. She just questioned a pagan book. She just did what??? She kept having those horrible thoughts... she was an angel... she was an angel... an angel...that served God... an angel with a job.
She started to watch by mistake TV shows. And she kind of.... had feelings. Like, she knew she shouldn't and she had another job on Earth, but there were moments when she was reading a book and she just started to cry and slowly scream... It was weird. It was demonic. But she loved to. She loved those shows, and the books, and the characters... She might have...liked some of them. Probably not. And, as you know,she had to know things and inform herself. So,she started to inform herself concerning some actors. She had to make sure they weren't bad people that might hurt the poor Rhea. Even though,with those lips, they might do...
As usual, she stopped. "Angel. Angel. Not human. Angel. You are not allowed to like... well.... just don't do it. Even though... it's only a fictional character... he doesn't exist...". But it was bad anyway. She just imagined staying on the couch watching TV and suddenly hearing Em's voice outside screaming "Rhea is going to die, Amy, you have to come!!" and Amy shouting back "just hold one more second, I need to see if Sherlock confesses his love to John!! Rhea can wait". Not that she would ever like that kind of pair. No, it was bad, it was demonic. As a matter of fact, she always thought that every bad and evil thing that wasn't right, it was demonic. Devil's fault. It was better to think that way. She didn't know it was the right way, but... she didn't know a lot. For an angel. She didn't even know who she was.
Her short life on Earth was exciting. She started to be less an angel. She still had her principles and respected the rules, but she enjoyed herself. She was too scared to like anyone,to talk about weird subjects and she was too pure and innocent to curse. Well...at least she stopped herself before she said anything bad. But, she got more and more into the society. People still looked at her in a weird way. She was trying to learn,but it was too much for her. She slowly got far away from heaven, but she still prayed every night to the Lord and her angel friends. But it was harder as long as she had the human form.

And then,one day, she met that devil...