Chapter I : An angel is born

The small gust of wind smelled like lilies of valley, as it was the most beautiful perfume someone could ever feel... light of sun and brightness was shining into the gorgeous palace, stars twinkling through the clouds. The spring wind was coming like a sweet feeling. The spirits were glee, living between the others, laughing and tasting the divine pleasure of the paradise... It was paradise, for everyone, it was a place of happiness and glory, it was a place where no one had feelings,yet, everyone was feeling right. It wasn't merriness that they were surrounded by, it was peace and calm. Forever. Like a dream of light. They could remember their lives, who they were and what they did, but they couldn't feel what they felt before. It was just a beautiful memory of life they had cherished. And they could guard their beloved ones from out there. It was an eternal peace and justice. And they lived with the angels in the brightness of heaven.

The wind kept making noises, and that seemed more than weird for a place like that... Saint Peter looked away. It could be another beautiful soul that came there, to the paradise, fulfilling its life quest and rest in peace forever in the smell of lilies and roses, in the gardens of paradise, near God. Peter stared at the beautiful morning. It was always morning there, but,through the world, it looked so different... A distant soul approached him from the inside, smiling. Every soul had a color. The color of its soul. It was barely having any human traits, it looked vanishing bright, like a light or energy that floated on the clouds. This one was a woman, coloured in a dark pink river of mist.
"Is it him, Saint?... Did he come now? I know he will come... I feel it. I feel how he is approaching it. He will be here soon. Let me welcome him..."
Souls were good at this. They could feel very good anything that was going to happen, as, in fact, they knew everything,they could see anything and they could understand anything... she was probably waiting for one of her beloved siblings to come, and, as usual, she had to welcome the spirit and lead him into the light.
"Not yet, Mary... But he will come. He will come when he knows it's the right time."
Mary nodded her head and stood by the golden gates, looking away and waiting for him. Saint Peter turned away to see who else was going to come there. But, what a surprise, when he had noticed something different. From all the foggy air, full of perfume and sparkles, he saw something that darkened his blueish eyes. It was a small basket, made of oak wood branches, with a child in it. It was a child with white skin and light brown eyes and hair, a child covered in warm white feathers, in front of the golden bars of heaven's gates. He looked more than surprised, as, he knew everything about life, what will happen and what everything means, and yet, he couldn't have expected that kind of view. It wasn't a dead child. It wasn't a spirit. It looked very...human. He took the basket and looked at the small child sleeping quietly. The baby opened his eyes suddenly and looked at him with an interesting look, far too clever and passionate for such an early age. It looked like it had less than a week. Peter, looking vanished, decided to take the basket to other saints and angels.

Spirits were trying to approach it and all that you could hear were whispers of wisdom and surprise : "what could that be?","is it my child??", "It's a human...", "it has to be something more than it". Gabriel was looking at it with respect and interest.
"It is far more than strange..."
He took the child and put him slowly into his arms. He could feel something on the back of the child's chest. There were...wings. Not any normal wings, as wings never were as humans saw them. They were angel wings. A mist of light, with white feathers, but not physically touchable. It seemed to be an angel...
"How could that be possible? Angels are not born like this. They either come to light already in heaven, in the lake of wisdom, or, the good people who cherished God and sacrificed their soul for the world, turn into angels. They are never small children." Said Gabriel.
"And yet, she is an angel. There is no doubt she is one... I know it. She might have been born in the wrong place and she was sent back to heaven in this basket...but I can feel she is one. She shall be raised by the Seraphims. It's God's will. She will be raised like the other angels. When she turns 12 we will send her in the monastery till she is old enough to fulfil her destiny", Raphael said.
All the other archangels agreed. That it was how angels were usually raised. If they were born in the lake of wisdom, they were small sweet children, children that died without being baptised, innocent souls. And they grew up in the perfume of paradise, till,one day, they were sent to the monastery. It was one of the most marvelous and beautiful Christian monuments you could see, where angels lived among the faithful saints and priests that served God. And that was the small child's destiny too. She was raised by the angels. She looked like them, yet, she seemed to know something more than them... she seemed to have the same spiritual level of accomplishment, but yet, she was being more... human. More rational. More clever. But no one has ever thought it was a flaw at all. Her intelligence made her fit into human society more. She was raised in heaven, where she got her name : Adramelch Amy. She had two names. She didn't know why, but that's how she was named. She met the saints and the spirits, she saw and read their lives,she knew what was good in the world and she also watched the human existence too. Angels had to take care of people. To stay in heaven, look at their lives, and sometimes, when everything got wrong,they had to come and whisper tender words to them and make them realise what was right and wrong. Make them choose the light. It was their only job. Save people. Keep the peace and calm in the world. They couldn't save everything. But, they could fight to make people's dreams and silent prayers become real. As long as it was in their power. Make dreams become real. But without getting involved into people's life too much. It had to follow the faith. They couldn't change what was written, but they could help write it right. Yet, for small Adramelch it wasn't that easy. Yes, she was an angel, a young one, but she couldn't connect with heaven that much. She was living there, she communicated with the other saints and with the lord, she could hear people's prayers and deep whishes, but she couldn't know what was right to do. She couldn't decide. She couldn't figure up what was she supposed to do to them. She couldn't see that destiny everyone had. "You will learn" the angels said. But she just simply couldn't. She was too...human?