Chapter 4. Mind-changing Pep Talk

Look, Westlife are so kind, friendly and affable whereas I’m the catty kind of girl who brings nothing but chaos. See the big difference? Put all of us together if you want to know the true meaning of the words catastrophe and disorder.

Now, I’m still running at full speed, going to god knows where. After feeling like my lungs will falter, I stop from running to catch my breath. I lean against the wall and slide my back downwards until my butt makes contact with the cold floor. I sit there carelessly, knowing that no one would notice me.

I hope they will not find me in here… I hope they will not find me in here…

 “Let’s go this way! Maybe s-she’s here!” I hear someone shout from afar. The next horrible things my ears catch up are the sounds of footsteps and incoherent words echoing through the area.

The exhaustion that I’m feeling swiftly vanishes right at this moment. I immediately stand up to escape and move to another place. It’s no-brainer to not get the meaning of the sounds and words I hear.

They’re looking for me!

As I get to my feet, I turn to my left and start to flee but much to my blunder, I bump into something hard…or rather, to someone’s chest

“Uh-oh, there you are.”

My body stiffens and it feels like my blood has stopped circulating all over my body. I look up to see whom I ram into making my jaw automatically drop to the point that my feet could trip over it.

To say that I’m gobsmacked is an understatement. 

“Nicky?” I ask skeptically. To see if I’m just hallucinating, I blink twice and even thrice until I confirm to myself that what I see is actually real.

He nods gently and that’s the time I realize that my face is still almost buried in his chest. Feeling a little embarrassed, I step back frantically but to my surprise, my feet land on someone else’s.

“Whoah! My feet!” someone groans from behind me. As I swirl around, my eyes land on a tall guy with a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair.

Definitely it’s none other than Mark Feehily

“W-why are the two of you…here?” I question hesitantly as if the reason isn’t obvious at all.

 “We’re…looking…for you,” Mark replies through pants. He must have ran out of air due to the extreme chase.

I try to escape for the second time but Nicky grabs my left hand firmly, stopping me in the process. Mark then blocks my way and outstretches his both hands sideways to make sure that I could no longer escape.

“Let go of me!” I order Nicky through gritted teeth whilst trying to wriggle free to no avail.

Nicky seems to not hear me but instead, he shushes me by drawing his pointing finger against my lips. “Listen to us first and stop blathering, okay?”

He scoots even closer to me and stares at my brown eyes intently, making me gasp for air. A minimal distance from a guy is something I’ve never been used of. It’s uncomfortable.

“W-we didn’t know that you’re actually Louis’ niece. He hasn’t mentioned you before.” Mark mutters as he paces about until he stops right beside me.

“Not only that, we also didn’t have any idea why you just walked away earlier until Louis confronted us to say that you’re just being a drama queen.” Nicky adds. I shake my head wildly.

I’m not being a Drama Queen for Pete’s sake!

“Lauren is your name, right? Your uncle also told us that you’re from America. How come you’re here?” Mark asks.