Chapter 27. About Time

*LAUREN'S POV*

Closing the door behind me, I trudge towards my unmade bed and drop myself there. I look at my wall clock; it reads 17:26. The sun outside is already bidding adieu as the darkness slowly makes its presence known and eats up all the light.

Oh the somber feeling you get when the night comes.

It's nearly evening. Nicky hasn't come back home since he left the hotel a few hours ago and neither of the lads was too happy about it. The lads had rung him a few times but he wouldn't answer. I know he's doing okay wherever he is right now. He's not an idiot compared to me but I'm still worried about him. Some Westlife fans are a bit creepy, you'll never know what happens when you let a Westlife member roam around by himself.

He left because he was disappointed of me. My teeth clench at that thought. I never would've thought it would come to this point where everything is nothing but a lie.

Okay, let's face it, I don't think this is going to work out!

Friendship is the only thing I could offer to Bryan, to tell you the truth and I can't bear to see Nicky despise me for what I've done. Guess he hates me now. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't have left in the first place, right? But I'm caught in the middle. It's like stumbling over the train tracks with a train dangerously approaching in a few seconds or so and you just lie there, unmoving, hopeless, until you get hit and then bam!

I want to correct my mistakes but we all know that it's not as easy as making them. I can't just go approach Bryan and tell him something like, "Oh hey, I've something to tell you. It just dawned on me that it would be better if you just forget your feelings for me because I just can't love you back. Difficult thing, that is. Now, would you like a cup of tea?"

Ugh. See that? I'm in deep trouble! I wish Nicky was here to give me a whack on the head and tell me the right thing to do. He's my partner in crime, my adviser, my good friend and the man I secretly love and I might lose in no time.

I pick up my phone from my pocket and start typing away.

To: Nicky

I need you right now.

Before hitting the 'send' button, I bite my lip and tell myself how stupid and pathetic I sound. Seriously, Lauren?

I re-compose my message.

To: Nicky

Where have you been? I can't cover up for you, the lads are all worried. Hope ur ok.

I heave a sigh, waiting for a reply. Please, Nicky... I hope he's not that mad at me. Please, don't just ignore me. Just don't.

After what it feels like forever, my phone finally beeps almost making me jump off my bed in surprise.

From: Nicky

I'm on my way back already

Well, that's too short and emotionless. Is he mad at me? I really wish not. At least I now know that he's fine, probably, and after numerous attempts of contacting him, he finally replies.

Me: Hmm... are you OK?

Nicky: Yes I am, are you?

What kind of question is that? It takes me one full minute to reply.

Me: I am

Nicky: Keep telling yourself that. Seriously, Lauren? Are you gonna keep on faking things?

Me: I'm really sorry

Nicky: Sort yourself out

I can practically imagine Nicky glaring with fiery eyes while staring at my message. My hands tremble as I type up a reply.