Shady

I rolled away from the sunlight, bumping into Beau. He jumped awake and sat up quickly,

"You okay?" He asked and looked down at me. I laughed and fixed my shirt before sitting up as well.

"Of course I was just moving away from the sun," I say. He smiles crookedly, his face becoming innocent as he does. Without a smile he looked serious and rigid, making my nerves rack until he smiled.

"I hope you're not afraid of it, I was gonna invite you to our game today," he says. Standing up and pulling on his black slacks from last night.

"I'll go, how did you get in last night?" I ask. He kept a smile on his face as he snapped the belt into place. His body was so clearly toned and muscular that as he leaned in to kiss my head I watched them move like intricate machines.

"I knocked," he says before his lips touch my forehead, still avoiding my lips. I sit up on my knees and wrap my hands around his waist, letting his skin kissed skin to warm under my hands.

"What are you doing?" He asked, not arguing as I placed kisses down his chest, moved my lips over his hard skin. He buckled as I made it near his belly button, he gripped my chin and pulled me up.

"Wear these," he says, holding out an outfit in his hand. I yank the clothes out and see the high waisted khaki shorts, ones that always rode too far up,  and a white tank top. The outfit was pretty simple, but I knew it would hug my body the way he wanted it to.

"Fine, only if I get to pick out an outfit for you, later ," I say. He nods in agreement and he slips the button up over his shoulders. He buttons it quickly and tucks it in before leaving the room.

I change quickly, making sure the tank top is tucked in all the way before lacing up my sandals and pulling on a necklace. I tied up my hair as I left the room, almost knocking the stacks of books down. I yanked down the back of the shorts, but they barely budged.

He wasn't in the hallway, so I went downstairs to see him helping Marie sit up from the couch.

"Still sick?" I ask, grabbing a fresh rag and wetting it with ice water. I bring it over and she takes it gratefully.

"Go, Tom will be home soon. He just ran for medicine," she says and wraps a hand over mine. I leave the rag over her forehead and walk out with Beau behind me.

"Playing soccer in that?" I ask, waving a hand over his outfit, he laughs and rolls his eyes.

"We have to pass my house anyway," he points out. I let him take my hand in his as we walk, his hand swallowing mine in a wave. The bookstore door is unlocked when we walk through, his father standing behind the counter with wire rimmed glasses at the top of nose.

"Just changing dad," he says, pulling me at a quickened pace through the back doors and up the stairs.

"Why are you running?" I ask after he finally gets through his bedroom door.

"Last night didn't go as planned," he says, a flick of his hand tells me not to push the topic. Uncle Jimmy must be a serious guy.

He changes into khaki shorts to match mine, leaving all shirts behind.

"Go ahead and pick out something for later, in gonna grab a ball," he says and leaves me to his room.  He had dressers of clothes and a closet mostly of suits. I pull out a tight pair of white washed jeans, grabbing a brown belt from the assortment in the closet. For a shirt I land on a simple blue one, laying out the outfit at the foot of his bed.

"Those pants?" He asks with a scowl, I smile and push out of the bedroom,

"You'll live, these shorts are riding so far up my ass I would be grateful I didn't pick out something a little smaller." He laughs and his hand finds my rear, gripping it firmly before I smack away his hand, just like I had last night each time he tried to lower it.