Afterthoughts

I like it so far; the artwork is well done (but I wish that Leon showed up larger on the cover). I love how Elise says, "Big bro". It sounds like something she would do, and it's absolutely adorable! Everyone seems to be in character, which is pretty cool, and Leon's just as responsible as ever, making sure that he brought Elise's mount along! I think it's pretty cute how you can actually see them act as a family; it gives you an idea how they interact outside of their supports. And then, I was pretty happy that we could see the Nohrian siblings in outfits other than their battle armor. (Leon's reactions when Elise storms in are absolutely priceless! XD) Elise looks absolutely adorable in her dress and Camilla looks cool as well! I also liked the brothers' clothes; good to see that Marx doesn't wear armor 24/7. XD

I also enjoyed part where they have dried tomato stew was a nice addition as well. I never found a single reference inside the game that Leon likes tomatoes, other than his Roster information. (Though wouldn't his favorite dish technically be beef stew according to his supports with Takumi? Or am I just remembering wrong?)

I love how Leon's still the same as ever- they did a good job of keeping in character. He's still as clumsy as ever, with his shirt inside out.

In case people are wondering, when Marx says, "Father has given me orders to take you back with us to Clarkenstein," Clarkenstein is a villa in Castle Krakenburg where the Nohrian siblings live. Also, when Leon mentions Kamui marrying "into another country's royalty in order to secure an alliance... for example, Chevalier," Chevalier is Cheve. When I first read this, I thought Chevalier was a person, until I looked it up.

I also thought it was interesting how Leon also still seems just as "jealous" (?) of Marx as ever, as he says, "Brother, everything you've been talking about Father is guessing and hearsay," and then adds, "Not like it matters anyway."

He has yet, however, to show any signs of negativity towards Kamui for taking the others' attention away from him; as a matter of fact, he seems just attentive towards her as everyone else. In fact, you could almost say that he's more concerned of her than Marx, as he defends Kamui and fears for her safety (or something like that).

I have mixed feelings about Marx's attitude. I feel as if he's being a loyal prince to King Garon; he doesn't doubt him or his orders. Maybe it's just me, but he shows much less resistance against King Garon than in the games (Revelations mostly).

All in all, I like the chapter. It did end with a grimmer setting than I would've thought, but at least it helps build the tension. It's nice that everyone's acting all in character (except with a few bumps) and it's cool to be able to get a close up on Leon's personality (which is the best out of all the siblings in my opinion). One of the best parts, though, was seeing the Nohrians in different outfits other than battle gear and watching the interact.

I am most definitely looking forward to the next chapter on the 28th.