Decisions Made

Foxy's POV

Owen Blackbourne dithered for over a week and I had enough. He wasn't doing Gabriel any good and the boy needed professional help. I didn't understand why it was so hard for him to admit that one of his boys had a mental illness. Gabe was a good kid. He was struggling and Owen was ignoring his cries for help. I couldn't let it continue, it was jeopardizing Gabriel's safety and health. I didn't comprehend what was going on with Owen, he had always seemed more decisive before. Why drop the ball now?

I paced as I waited in the waiting room. When Gabriel almost got into a fight today, I pulled him out of school. Did he go after one kid, no, he went after a group of Hendricks' lackeys. Once I got him stitched up in Emergency, I asked for him to be evaluated by a Psychiatrist. If I was not mistaken, he was in one of the maniac mood swings.

My phone rang, playing the song 'I Want You to Want Me' by the Knack as the ring tone and I knew it was Shan.

"I am picking Pam up now; her doctor agreed that it is more important that she be with Gabe. Once he is settled one way or another, she will return to detox." He informed me, "We should be there in twenty minutes."

"He is still being evaluated; hopefully we will have some news by the time you get here." I said before ending the call. I debated over calling Luke but decided against it. He had some kind of test today and he didn't need the stress of worrying about Gabe as well. I called Sven instead, deciding he could inform Victor and Luke later tonight. I didn't feel they should rush back to Charleston, I just wanted them to know what was going on. Sven had a lot to say and none of it good. Gabriel took verbal swings at Raschel when we were in Boston; he had also taken a few at Luke and Victor, landing mortal blows. As if Gabriel had known exactly what to say to hurt them the most. Sven had discussed it with James and Uncle, both boys would return to the therapist to ensure there was no lasting damage. Raschel wasn't upset, she was mad, she didn't want the Meanie near her boys anymore. I wasn't allowed to bring him back to Boston. I was happy with her reaction, it meant that she ignored his insults towards her and was determined to protect Victor and Luke. She has come a long way since she met them.

Two hours later and Gabe was admitted to the Psyche Ward. Once all the paperwork was filled out, Shan took Pam back to rehab. Gabe could not have visitors until they got him calmed and more in control. Pam went back with new determination to succeed; her Gabey needed her. While he was heavily medicated now, he looked more peaceful than I had ever seen him. While he wasn't the only bipolar member of the Academy, he is the only one I have worked with. I decided to learn more about his illness. I didn't want to fail him as so many others have.

Owen's POV

I was having trouble believing that Mr. Coleman had a mental disorder. Yes, he has always been hyperactive and subject to mood swings, but wasn't everyone to a certain extent? If the senior Mr. Taylor had returned home and provided the support his friend required, this would have been avoided. The Ericsons carried the full blame for this. Sven Ericson had stolen two members of my team for his daughter, uncaring that he was tearing them from their loving family. It was time that I put a stop to the theft of my brothers; I would speak to the elder members of the High Council personally. No more trusting the Lead Team, they were part of the problem. They pandered to the girl as much as her father did.

Raschel's POV

Victor and Luke were worried about Gabriel. They were also upset that Foxy was the one to take him to the hospital, that the one they called Owen had failed to do so. I didn't know the boy as well as they did, but he must have been friendlier at one time for them to have considered him their brother. In spite of what some people thought, while I was a blonde-haired it didn't mean I was dim-witted. I knew that people with mental illnesses often acted against their nature when in the grips of an episode. When I was eight my grandfather helped me study different mental issues. I had been worried that something was wrong with me, I had been having nightmares almost every night and the PTSD had took hold of me several times a day. I was afraid that they would take me away from my dad and that I would be returned to that women. That I had done something bad and had deserved everything she had done to me.

I checked the time on my phone as I walked to the parking garage. Our Professor had kept Victor after class to discuss his project. I had told him that I would wait for him at the car. I had been feeling off all day and wanted some time alone. My skin had felt as if it had bugs crawling over it, the way you feel when you think someone is watching you and are afraid to look and confirm it. That creepy feeling you get that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. I clicked the fob to unlock the doors, placing my school bag in the back seat. I felt a sharp pinch, and then everything went black.

Victor's POV

I arrived at the car only to find Princess wasn't waiting for me. The side door on the passenger side was open, her school bag and keys were on the seat, but no Raschel. I didn't hesitate, I whipped out my phone and redlined Sven. While I should have never allowed her to come to the car alone, Raschel would never go somewhere and not tell me. I moved back and started looking for signs of a struggle. Her phone was kicked under the car by the front tire, the screen shattered. I knelt down to examine a hypodermic needle tossed carelessly, having rolled under the car, careful not to touch anything and contaminate any evidence. I stood when I heard running feet; I turned to see the Campus Police running towards me. Knowing Sven or Colt had called them when I redlined them. The Academy members whose job it was to watch Raschel at college arrived a few minutes after them. I felt sorry for them; Sven was going to skin them alive. Once again, his little girl was missing and yes, I was going to be getting my share of his fury.

Sven and Colt arrived ten minutes later.