PRETEND - Cashton

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, you guys will work things out. You always do," Michael smiled reassuring.

When Michael and Calum entered the school, Calum saw Ashton at the jock table together with his friends. He smiled at the curly haired boy but Ashton looked away and just ignored him. Calum frowned.

He didn't know what he did wrong.

Ashton probably didn't see him.

That's it.

The whole day, Ashton kept ignoring Calum.

They had their last class together which happened to be PE.

They were teamed up to play basketball, Calum and Mike were in one team and they were playing against Luke and Ashton. Ashton made sure to bump into Calum everytime he could and to act completely cold. After the lesson, Ash and Calum waited until they were the last ones still in the locker room.

"Hey babe, do you wanna come over to my house? I have to watch Lau and Harry but we could cuddle," Ashton smiled softly and came jogging towards Calum.

Calum's heart fluttered and he instantly forgot about Ashton's previous actions.

"Sure," Calum smiled and pecked Ashton's lips.

They headed back to Ashton's place and in the evening, Ashton took Calum out for a dinner date.

This continued for the rest of the week.

Ashton kept being an asshole in school and the sweetest boyfriend in the afternoon.

He even flirted with girls in school. Unnecessary to say Calum was hurt. But he didn't want to bring it up since he didn't want to pick an unnecessary fight.

It was Friday when everything finally escalated. 

Ashton picked Calum up for school. Usually, Ashton wouldn't do that.

But Michael was sick and so Calum needed another person to give him a ride. They were late though, due to the fact that Calum slept in. The two of them raced into the school and to their first period. Luckily, the teacher wasn't there yet.

"Hey mate, where have you been?," Ashton got greeted by his friends.

"Uhm.. I s-slept in," Ashton said and grinned at them. Calum was still behind him.

"Why the hell is Hood with you? Did you two come together?"

"More like cum together," another football player snickered, making the group of jocks interrupt in laughers.

"SHUT UP MAN, WE WERE NOT FUCKING! I AM NOT A FUCKING FAG!," Ashton yelled at them making them shut up immediately.

Calum didn't know why he felt a pang in his chest as soon as those words left Ashton's mouth.

He didn't know why his legs felt numb.

He didn't know why tears build up in his eyes or why he turned around to run down the hallway and out of the school.

Calum ran and ran, towards the soccer field, Ashton following him.

"Wait Calum! Please, I didn't mean it," Ashton shouted but Calum didn't turn around.

Suddenly Calum stumbled and fell. He winced before he pushed himself up again, his palms bloody and jeans ripped at his knee.

"Calum," Ashton said and yanked Calum back by his arm.

"What?," Calum yelled while turning around, "what do you want??!?!"

"I-I'm sorry, I -," Ashton stuttered.

"YOU WHAT ASHTON? YOU'RE SORRY? GREAT, CAUSE I AM SORRY TOO! SORRY FOR BEING A FUCKING FAG! I AM FUCKING SICK OF YOUR SHIT ASHTON IRWIN!!!! YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE, A FAME LOVING ASSHOLE! I CAN'T STAND THIS ANYMORE, ALL THAT PLAY PRETEND AND YOU FLIRTING AROUND AND PUSHING ME AWAY IN SCHOOL? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOUR BEHAVIOR FUCKING HURTS ME?!," Calum yelled out while tears streamed down his face.

"I never meant to hurt you," Ashton said, tears in his eyes.

"Then why did you?," Calum asked, his voice breaking.

"See I-I'm," Ashton stuttered.

"Save it." Calum sniffled, "I don't want to deal with this anymore. I want a relationship with someone who actually loves me and is willing to love me openly. Someone who isn't hurting me everyday. We're done."

And with that he left, his cheeks red and wet, his heart broken, on his way to Michael to cry on his shoulder and to eat a whole container of ice cream by himself.

________________________

Whoops I hope you liked this:)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 100 READS ❤

Likes and comments are always appreciated!❤

Requests are open! DM or Comment

Only Love,

Marie💋