Holding Onto You Chapter 33

Start from the beginning

"Finn hey it's me Brian." The nurse stood up to monitor him.

"Good morning Finn. I want you to relax okay." She told him.

"Vince." He managed to whisper through the pipes.

"I'm going to get him, just stay awake okay." I left his hand and ran out of the icu. Vince was sitting on the floor again with his head in his lap.

"Vince?" He looked up immediately. "He's awake."

He jumped to his feet. "He's awake?"

"Yeah and he's asking for you." He ran to the entrance but stop by the door.

"What am I going to say to him, I let this happen to him." He hit the door with his fist.

"No you didn't let this happen. Don't you dare take the blame for what that bastard did. Finn needs you now more than ever, this might affect him mentally more than physically and that's why you need to stay strong. Now go in and be the Vincent that fixes everything." I gave him a quick hug. "I'm going to tell the others." He nodded and went inside.

I went over to Finn's parents and shook Mr. Evans shoulder. He got up and looked confused when he saw me grinning like a fool.

"Finn woke up." I told him and he got Mrs. Evans up and they rushed inside.

I went over to Hunter, Mark and Ryan and got them up.

"Wake Up guys." I shook them. They got up stretching and yawning, Hunter asking Mark what the time was as he straightened his clothes.

I could tell that Hunter was wondering where Vincent was and he confirmed it. "Where's Vincent?" He managed to find Ryan and hold onto his t shirt so he didn't feel so lost. Ryan let him hold him leaning against the wall.

"Finn asked for him so he's inside." They all just nodded taking a few seconds to take in what I said. When it did finally enter their half asleep brains, all three of them jolted off the wall.

"Finn asked for Vincent, that means..?" Hunter hoped I would tell him what he wanted to hear.

"Finn's awake." He got this huge smile on his face his eyes lighting up but it immediately turned into a worried frown and he cast his eyes down. "His parents and Vincent are in with him. He even spoke. I was with him when he woke up and he asked for Vincent. He's going to get out of here Hunter. Soon all those machines will be removed and he'll be home. He's okay now Hunter, so just relax."

He took a deep breath and sighed in relief. I knew he was scared so I pulled him into a tight hug. He didn't know what was going to happen, what Finn's reaction to the whole thing would be. He needed Vincent right now to convince him that Finn wasn't going to blame him in any way and I hoped that my comforting would be enough.

"Ryan and I are going inside." Mark told me and I nodded in reply before they entered the icu.

"Let's sit here." I took Hunter to a chair and made him sit, sitting next to him. "When you're ready we'll go inside but until then you just need to know that nothing is ever in our control. Everything can't be fixed and everyone can't be helped. I know that being blind is difficult and it restricts you but it doesn't mean that if you weren't blind you'd have stopped everything that happened to Finn. If you weren't blind the attacker would have probably not attacked Finn in front of you and he would have probably killed him. If you weren't blind you'd have tried to stop him and he would have probably hurt both of you. If you weren't blind doesn't mean you could have stopped what was meant to happen. Good or bad it will happen no matter what."

"Sometimes I think I can do anything on my own but then I open my eyes and I realize how dependent I am. I think I can do everything yet I am too afraid to go in front of someone I care so much about. Vince warned me not to think I'm useless but not thinking about it isn't going to change it. I am useless and that's the truth." He stood up in a rush putting his hand out for me to hold. "Now take me to my boyfriend, I need to face my problems whether I can see them or not."