Part 29: Have you ever been in love before?

Start bij het begin

"I don't care. I feel like it's been forever since I last got a chance to breathe."

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Seohyun ordered,

It was Seohyun's assistant. She came in with a few bags of snacks along carrying a large guitar case.

"Can't you put it near the T.V?" Seohyun asked.

The assistant nodded and immediately set it beside the T.V. She excused herself and closed the room. Seohyun opened the guitar case which revealed to be holding an acoustic guitar. She took a towel and ripped off any visible dirt. At an instant, I knew who the owner of the guitar was.

Teasingly, I creeped up to her. "Is that your guitar?" It was almost the same as teasing your best friend as soon as you find out that she has a crush.

Seohyun shyly smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"What do you mean are you sure?"

I smiled, devilishly might I add. "Is there any chance that it could be someone else's?"

"W-what do you mean?" Seohyun quickly denied, "Of course it's mine." To think that there was someone worse at lying than I am.

"Seohyun, I'm not dumb. I watched We Got Married. It's cleary Yonghwa's." (Author: says Jina, the girl who never had a boyfriend lol.)

Seohyun's checks grew bright red. She struggled to say a comeback.

"A-ha! I'm right!"

"Shush!!! Keep your voice down!"

"What? Everyone knows that he gave you the guitar. You broadcasted it."

"Yeah, but they don't know that I actually kept it."

"Why? It's a gift. Of course you would keep it, it's rude to throw it away."

Seohyun sighed. She carefully placed the guitar onto the case and sat on her bed. "Originally the producers of the show told me that if I didn't want it, I could give it back to him."

"But you did want it." I commented.

Seohyun didn't answer. Her silence was her answer. I asked again, "You've fallen for him. Haven't you?"

Seohyun tried to refute it but failed. She takes a deep breath, "There's no point in lying is there?"

"Don't be ashamed. Everyone falls in love."

"But I am. I'm afraid that it won't be reciprocated. Not that I'm expecting for it anyways." She turned to me and grabbed my shoulders in a pleading manner, "Jina, you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone. Not even the members."

"Why not? Why not let them know?"

"You knowing was not part of the plan. Knowing the members for more than five years, they will tease me and next thing you know, they'll make thing obivous whenever they see Yonghwa around."

I rolled my eyes in a not-a-rude way and promised her. Seohyun smiled and went back to unpack her stuff. Just as she stood up, my phone beamed with a text message.

It reads, 'Any progress?'

It was Wooyun. What a headache.

"Who's that?" I was shaken off the ground as Seohyun creeped behind my shoulders.

"Gosh! you scared me!"

"My bad. Who's Woohyun?"

"No one. Just a friend." I quickly answered.