Chapter 8

Xavier woke up the next day in the morning and it took him a second to realize where he was and as soon as he did he jumped up and into the room. He walked in and saw an empty bed, empty drawers, and he felt a few tears slip out. He hoped she was just somewhere else in another room so he began his search but was stopped short when he saw the room next to theirs. He opened the door but found he did not have the strength to walk into the room.

...

It had been a month since he had seen Anabelle and he felt like he was dying the only reason he knew she was alive was because of her mom. Her mom had taken him in as a son and loved him but even she did not know where Anabelle was. His men were looking for her and they could not find her.

He was all by himself when he walked across the door again and this time instead of walking past the door he finally just stopped and decided to walk in.

The room was beautiful one half was painted all light pink hot pink roses everywhere and leaves and a big dark pink circled frame above the crib. The other side was light blue but with cars and roads painted everywhere the frame was also there but it was in dark blue. As he stared at the walls he knew she had painted all this by hand and smiled looking in the center in a frame was the first note he ever gave her it was in a napkin 'were getting married and having a million kids just watch.' It was on the first day they ever went to the first time he ever talked to her.

He walked over to the closets and saw all their clothes and he kneeled down and cried hard into the white carpeted floor.

"It's a boy and a girl.... It would be perfect he had one of her son's shirts and her daughters in his hands and cried. I can't... I won't. I cannot believe she did this to me. You are my life and I know I..." he stood feeling the betrayal going thru him. She choose to be with someone else she was probably with their dad and he was over here crying and pouting like an idiot but he was done he did not need her. For a whole month Xavier believed this and lived by it but on the day he walked in to demo everything in the babies' room his world flipped and he realized he would be miserable for the rest of his life.

...

Anabelle stood staring out the window of Zackary's beach house holding her stomach the twins had begun to slowly move less and less the room in her belly getting smaller and smaller as they were slowly outgrowing it.

The maid walked in with more groceries and another letter from Zackary this is how they talked because they both figured that Xavier would eventually think he knew where Anabelle was.

'Hey Annie, the maid tells me you are doing better and better each day getting more excited for the twins and I am so glad. Xavier has not come to ask about you which actually surprises me but I am glad because that way I do not have to lie to him about it. I will be arranging so you can come stay at my house these dew days so that when you go into labor we can be sure that you are not alone. I will talk to you soon Annie, I love you and miss you.' She tucked the note in with the others and as usual her mind drifted to Xavier and she felt tears prick her eyes. She missed him each day more and more but she could not bring herself to admit and run back to him because of the women he had been with.