Part 18

Woohyun POV

We spent a few more days in New York with Rose's family before laving for Seoul.

"Take care of yourself" her mother smiled as she came to see us off at the airport.

"I will" Rose replied.

"I know that you are busy because of your job, but don't forget to come and visit from time to time" her father addressed me.

"We will" I smiled.

Rose hugged her parents and said "Goodbye" before walking up to the security check point.

The long flight seemed to pass quickly with Rose by my side. I really am happy that we are finally together.

Once in Seoul, we went to greet my parents. Just as I was about to open the door, Rose froze. "What's the matter?"

"They probably hate me" she nervously said.

"Why would they hate you. They haven't even met you yet."

"That's why they are going to hate me. I haven't met them yet, but we are already married."

"Don't worry" I tried to ease her mind. "They are going to love you just like I do."

She nodded her head "Okay."

I opened the door and said "I'm home!"

"Oh, Woohyun!" my mother happily called out when she saw me. Then she rushed over and gave me a hug. "Oh, is this her?" she asked as she pulled away from me.

"Yes mom" I smiled. "This is my wife, Rose."

She looked at her for a moment before gently wrapping her arms around her in a hug. "Welcome home" she said soothingly.

Rose smiled "Thank you, mother."

My mother pulled away from Rose and said "You must have had a long flight. Why don't you go and put your things in your room and rest. We can talk things over once your father gets home."

"Okay" I said and escorted Rose to my room.

Rose POV

Once we were alone in his room, I let out a sigh of relief. "Your mother is very nice."

"I told you it would be okay" I smiled.

"What about your father?"

"It will be fine! Let's just get some rest until he gets home."

"Okay" I smiled nervously.

We laid down on his bed and he held me tightly in order to show me that everything would be okay.

I don't know how long I had been asleep for, but I was woken by someone opening the door. I was still tired, so I didn't open my eyes, but I heard their voices.

"Is that her?" a man asked. I guess it must be his father.

"Yes" Woohyun's mother replied. "Want me to wake them?"

"No" he replied. "Let them rest. They had a long flight."

It was quiet for a while, but then his mother asked "Is something wrong?"

"No" I heard amusement in his voice. "I was just thinking that they look good together."

"So, you're not going to give him a hard time about his decision, right?"

"Of course I am! I'm still his father" he chuckled. "It's my job to give him a hard time." He paused "I'll just give in easily" he chuckled.

I heard his mother giggle as well. "Let's go before we wake them."

Woohyun POV

I woke up to sunlight peeking through the curtains. When I turned to look at Rose, she was gone.

Panicked, I ran downstairs "Rose! Rose!"

Rose came rushing out of the kitchen wearing an apron. "What's the matter?" she asked.

"Uh" I was confused.

"Rose was just helping me prepare breakfast" my mother said appearing behind her. "Why don't you go back upstairs and wash up.

"Right" I nodded.

I quickly washed up and changed before going back down stairs for breakfast. As I came to the dining room, I saw my father already sitting at the table.

"Good morning, father" I greeted him with a bow.

"Morning" he replied coldly.

"Have a seat" my mother said as she placed the soup on the table.

Rose came out after with the bowls of rice. She smiled when she saw me, but didn't say anything. Then she took a seat beside me and I could tell she was nervous. I placed a hand on her's and gave it a gentle squeeze to comfort her.

After breakfast, my father and I went to the living room while Rose went with my mother to clean the dishes. I hope that everything is going to be okay.

"Why are you so nervous?" my father asked.

I looked at him in shock "Well..."

"Afraid that we might do something to your precious wife?"

"No" I replied nervously. My father can be crazy scary when he gets mad.

"If you were so worried about how we'd react, then why did you have to go and elope?" I heard amusement in his voice.

"Father?"

He started laughing a bit "The look on your face was priceless."

Rose POV

We could hear his father laughing from the living room and we both giggled.

"Looks like his father is done scaring him" his mother sighed.

"Yeah" I smiled.

"Thank you for playing along with us" she smiled at me. "We don't get to do these kinds of things often."

"I'm glad I didn't screw it up" I confessed.

"You were perfect! You could be an actress!"

"Hardly" I blushed.

We finished the dishes and then brought them the tea we had just finished preparing.

"She is a very lovely girl, Woohyun" his mother said as she took her seat.

"I knew you would like her" he smiled.