Chapter Twenty-Two

We all walk to class laughing and talking. Everyone keeps staring at me and I start to get nervous. "Stop staring its rude" Audrey shouts and everyone stops looking at me. Ha.

We all stand outside the classroom door. I play with my hair and find it hard to stand still. Noah grabs my shoulder and makes me face him. "Hey its alright your just nervous". I sigh and smile "really". He nods then laughs.

"Don't worry Riley I won't let anyone annoy you" Audrey says while tying up her hair in a pigtail. We are all let ini class. Good so far no ones noticed me... yet!

I take a seat up the back next to Noah an Audrey. It felt good to sit in my spot again with the wind blowing though my hair and the sun light shinning so bright. I've missed it.

"Well look who it is". We all look up to see Bailey who has his arms crossed. "Audrey what are you doing with them". Audrey gets out of her seat and shoves Bailey. "Leave my friends alone B you have no right to talk to or about them". Bailey props himself you and laughs. "Whatever Audrey". Bailey turns around and start to walk when he stops.

"Oh by the way Riley, Ava should of stuck the knife deeper so that way you'd be sure to be dead". I shiver and curl up into a ball shape. Noah puts his arms around me and whispers. "Don't worry Ri, he's just an idiot". I give him a half smile and put my head into my lap.

After class me, Audrey and Noah walk outside and sit under a maple tree. I pull out my writing book and turn to a clear white page. "What's that" asks Audrey pointing at my book. I laugh "it's my writing book where I write all sorts of stories". Audrey smiles and excitedly says "awesome can you write anything"? Noah laughs "your just like Beckett".

"Who's that" asks Audrey confused. "Umm never mind"Noah said. As we all sat there out of no where I hear "RILEY, RILEY". I glance up to see a bunch of kids swarm around me.

I jump up and lean against the tree. "Do I umm know you all". They all smile. "We wanna know what happened between you and Ava". I start to breath heavily and get dizzy as I remember. The pain, the blood, the cackle of Ava's voice. "Piss off" tells Audrey. "Yeh get out of here" screams Noah. They both grab my hand and run off with all the kids chasing after us.