Chapter Twelve

We all sit down at the dining table and wait as their mother brings out the rest of the food. I look across the table and smile at Beckett who is waving her hand excitedly.

"So Riley tell us about yourself" asks their father, tapping his fingers on his plate.

I smile awkwardly and tug on the collar of my shirt. "Well where to start".

I think for a moment trying to find something good about me, like there is anything good about me.

"She loves to write dad". I quickly glance over to Noah who is smirking at me.

"She's amazing at it, believe me I read some of her work and wow!!".

I let out a small giggle as I feel my face become hotter by the second. "Well that's lovely" his father says.

"I never took you as the writing type dear" his mother said while smiling.

I shrug and smile at her. "Awesome can you write anything in the world" Beckett yells.

"Well... maybe I guess".

"I bet she can write about anything" Noah laughs.

I roll my eyes and laugh as well. I can't believe he actually knows something about me.

I stand up as I look to see the time. "Wow it's 8:30 I better get going".

"Wait let our boy walk you home Riley" smiles their mother. Noah quickly gets out of his chair and walks towards me. "I'd love too".

We both walk out the door and Noah closes the door behind us.

As we walk I can't help but glance over to Noah. I'm glad I know a guy like him, he makes me feel special which is amazing.

Are you ok". I just realised that I'm still staring at him so I quickly turn my head away and start whistling. Noah laughs and grabs my wrist to make me stop right in front of him. I stare at him nervously trying not to smile, but it was too hard. One leaked out and spilt across my face like paint on a canvas.

"It's ok I don't mind if you look at me Ri". He starts coming close to me which made me shiver. I've never been in a situation like this before. What do I do?.

We both stood there for awhile staring into each other's eyes until we both are startled by a familiar voice.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!".