Away

(Please play the music at the start of each part, it will really bring the story to life)

Every day after school, I would run home crying, slamming the door behind me, I would get home, sit in the corner of my room, scream and cry. I wanted to die, I hated my life, I hated myself, I was pregnant and alone. It would hurt so much to see josh at school flirting with all of my friends, hugging them, touching them, I missed him, I missed the taste of his lips, I missed us. I still hadn't worked up the courage to tell my parents.

My older sister Natasha, after hearing me scream in my room for weeks she finally worked up the courage to come in and ask me what had been going on with me.. I told her everything, I couldn't keep it in anymore.. I told her about the pregnancy, about josh, about the bullies, about mum and dad. She said to me 'you haven't heard have you?' I replied with 'no?' I was so confused. I had no idea. She told me that mum and dad were getting a divorce. I wasn't shocked at all, I was happy. I was really genuinely happy, I didn't have to put up with my father anymore. Or so I thought, mum and dad had already arranged to be living under the same roof but in seperate beds, they thought it was best for the little ones. I thought it was ludicrous. My sister talked to me for hours, trying to get me to work up the courage of telling mum and dad about the pregnancy so I could get an abortion. I hated the thought of doing that, I absolutely hated it. But before that Tasha being the sister she is drove down to the shop and brought me a bucket of ice cream to help with my sorrows.

The next day I asked my sister to come with me to talk to mum and dad about the pregnancy my lips were trembling, my legs shaking.
So we asked them to come outside and sit down and talk with us, Tasha started telling them to be calm, sit down and not to over react.. but as if they were going to listen. So I told them I was pregnant and I lost my virginity to josh at the start of our relationship, my dad was furious as any father would be but then he done something I never thought I would see him do, he grabbed me so tightly around my arms they instantly started to bruise, he lifted his right hand and slapped me so hard across the face, it was so loud I'm pretty sure the whole street heard it. He stormed off not saying a word. I always got belted as a kid but never slapped in the face. I was scared, so was mum and my siblings, we've seen dad mad but not this mad.

My mother, she's beautiful she was so understanding of the whole situation and took me to the doctors that next day. I was so upset and so was my mother, she didn't want this, either did I. I sat there balling my eyes out, I didn't think it would hurt but it did.. it hurt so much, I think I was feeling the baby's pain though, not my own. I didn't want this, but it was all my silly fault.