•° G i f t °•

Chandu's pov :-

I start flipping the pages of the file and also check if the ppt presentation is all set .

I'm so nervous , today's the day when all the board of Automobile industries check my work and if it's approved my few researchers then I get to hold it's patent rights .

Chandu get ready or you'll be late , Anu shouts from kitchen .

God !  I don't want to disappoint Anu , atleast for her , I'll give my best shot to this presentation ......

Making up my mind , I take a quick yet nerve calming shower . The hit water really has magic to relieve one's stress .

I come out of bathroom with a towel wrapped low around my hips and as usual I open the wardrobe to take out my clothes only to find it locked .

I try again but of no use ......

Frustrated , I decide to shout for Anu to help me with this when I notice a gift box neatly wrapped . I go closer and pick it up to see

To - 
          My Idiot ,

written in Anu's exclusive Calligraphy writing . Paagal , I smile and open the gift box to see a new pair of formal wear with a watch , belt and tie for me .

 Paagal , I smile and open the gift box to see a new pair of formal wear with a watch , belt and tie for me

Usually , the guys spoil their girls with gifts but my girl spoils me with her salary . I know it might be difficult for her to adjust all our house expenses and other things with my petty money and her salary . But she neither complaints nor gives up . She's working so hard for US and I promise myself that I'll give her the best future which will start from today .

I get ready in the formals and put on my watch looking at myself in mirror . I do look handsome , but when wasn't I ?

Must say my wife has really good choice . That's why she chose to stay with me .....

But she didn't choose you in the first place , my mind mocks which I shrug off thinking destiny brought us together .

A whistle sound brings me out of my thinking and I see Anu through mirror whistling . You look just the way I thought it to be . Perfect !! She grins making me smile wide .

Why haven't you put your tie on ? She asks suddenly noticing the absence of it around my neck .

I rub my neck sheepishly , I don't know how to knot a tie , I reply looking anywhere but her .

It's easy , saying this she hands me curd and Cadburry as shagun and starts knotting tie around my neck .

Her breath fans my chest creating weird yet beautiful sensations in my body .

I complete eating the curd with Cadburry . Weird I know but I've started loving weird and crazy things because of my love .....

DonE ! Now you look perfect , Anu says smiling and then takes a selfie of us in her phone with her smiling wide and me looking at her ......

According to Anu , we should capture every small and big moments so that we can look at it and reminisce our past ......

Though I'm all set to go , I'm scared and nervous . I don't know why but my sixth sense is telling that there's something wrong that is gonna happen ......

Sighing I grab my laptop bag and I turn to tell bye to Anu when I see her looking at me with frown .

What ? I ask her and she frowningly asks Are you Nervous ?

Yes , I reply because I cannot lie to myself which is her literally and also because she can see through my lies .

I'm lost in my thoughts that I don't notice a pair of hands pulling my collar . Anu pulls my collar and crashes her lips with mine . She slowly yet firmly kisses me with her soft lips while my eyes are wide open due to shock . Never ad in ever has she initiated a kiss ......

Overcoming my shock I kiss her back pulling her waist closer . Once we both are out of our breath , we pull out away from each other for air . I securely hold her waist while she slowly opens her eyes and then looks shyly at me .

Not able to control myself , I kiss her forehead pulling her closer . She slowly distances herself from me . I  didn't even notice her standing on my feet until she made an attempt to distance herself from me .

Reluctantly I let her out of my arms .

All The best , I know everything will be good if only your thoughts are positive . So stay positive and rock off your meeting , saying this she kisses my cheek .

She pulls away from me and I unknowingly pout .

What ? You're getting late Mister saying this she pushes me off our house .

I'll be back soon , I yell from outside the locked door .

I'll wait , she yells back .

Chuckling I make my way to parking lot and start my bike .

My mind starts to relax , all thanks to my crazy wife . I'm sure one day she'll turn me also into paagal , I wonder how she'll look after our children .....

I still have 2 hours to reach so I decide to buy chocolates for Anu . I park my bike on the street and go inside the supermarket and pick up her favourite chocolates and ask the staff to gift wrap it .

Paying the amount I go towards my bike and see a girl who's standing on road and a lorry behind her . I call out for her but she doesn't hear . She looks so innocent , vulnerable and fragile that without a second thought I run towards her and push her aside but I miss the logic that I could also get hit by the truck and that is what happened because soon darkness overcomes me ........

______________________________________

A/N

Here's the longest chapter of my book .

So what do you think happEns next ?

Chandu's efforts are crushed as he's injured ......

Can he make it to the meeting ?

Will he keep his promise of letting Anu go , if he doesn't succeed ??

Please do vote , share and comment your opinions on our Majhnu ......

_________________________________________