The Forgotten // Billie Joe Armstrong

*Christiana's POV*
"You're dragging on, your heart's been broken..."
The words rang out from the speakers as the song continued on, making me fall harder for the man in front of me. My best friend since we were six, my boyfriend since we were sixteen and my husband since we were nineteen. "What do you think?" He asked quietly, his bright green eyes searching my own anxiously. "Billie... That was..." My voice trailed off as I made an attempt to find the words to fit how I felt. "If you don't like it we can always change something... Was it the guitar? Do I need to bring it up a key?" He asked, I shook my head at his nervousness. "No baby, nothing was wrong with it. That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard..." I said, my hand reaching out and grasping his in it. He smiled and leaned over, kissing me quickly as he wrapped an arm around me. "You really think so Chrissie?" He asked after he'd broken the kiss, I looked into his eyes and smiled. "Indeed I do." He gently squeezed my waist and grinned. "I'm so glad I can count on you to help with things like this. I love you my angel." "So am I, trust me. I love you too my love." I looked over as our son Jakob walked in, his arm wrapped around his girlfriend Nikki who had her hand in her pocket. "Mom, dad... Nikki and I are getting married." He said as my eyes widened. "Don’t look away from the arms of tomorrow.
Well, don’t look away from the arms of a moment.
Don’t look away from the arms of love." I looked at Billie who's eyes were a bit darker before I looked back at our son, who looked a bit scared. "What? You're only eighteen Jakob, why would you get married this early? Live your life for a while before settling down!" He said, and I sighed. "Dad! How can you say that?" My eyes drifted to Nikki who pulled her hand out of her pocket and looked down at her ring. "That's a beautiful ring.." She looked up at me, smiling a bit as her blue eyes lightened a bit. "Thank you Misses Armstrong." She said quietly, I nodded before looking back up at Billie who was about to say something again. "Billie, why do you think you've got any room to criticize our son and future daughter in law on their choices? We were nineteen when you proposed, we were still nineteen when we got married which isn't much older then they are now." I said, his eyes lightening up a bit. "You're right... I'm sorry you two, I just want you both to be happy with your lives." He said, Jakob calmed down and smiled. Nikki smiled a bit wider and looked up at Jakob. "I know dad. Nikki makes me happy, and being with her makes me happier than my music does. Seeing how happy you and mom are makes me realize just how much I want something like the love you two have..." Billie nodded and looked at me as I gently squeezed his waist, my eyes studying Nikki's. "Congratulations to you both, and welcome to the family Nikki!"