Chapter 12

May 17th

"Happy birthday Jaxieeeee!!!" Everyone exclaims as they come into the room. Today is Jax's first birthday, and by 'everyone' I mean most of the boys on the team, and Steph of course. The only people who aren't here yet are Williams family and my parents.

Once everyone gets settled in, I stroll into the kitchen to prepare food for the guests. After a little while of doing this, there is a knock at my door, and lightning fast, I run to the door and, before opening it, turn around and say to William "I have a surprise for you!"

I don't wait for an answer and open the door to reveal William's parents and siblings. "Come on in guys, I was just making some food." I say to them, then walk into the kitchen, stealing a glance at William, who was hugging his parents and sisters. He caught me looking and winked in my direction, mouthing 'Thank you!' in the process. By the time I had all the food ready, everyone is settled in. The only thing missing is my parents, but I'm sure they'll come soon enough.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, William can you get that please?" I shout, peeking my head into the living room from my spot in the kitchen, talking to Micheal and Camilla.

"Sure baby." He replies, walking over to the door, which had just been knocked on. Both of us already knew it was my parents, but I wasn't expecting them to have guests with them.

First, I saw Matthew, and ran over to give him a big hug, but not before stealing a glance at William, seeing him proudly smiling to himself, and from that I knew he planned to have Matthew here.

After greeting Matthew, and my parents, I walk over to the couch to sit down, but just before I do, I hear a voice I haven't heard in way too long.

"Don't forget about me! You love me, don't you?"

My facial expression changes to pure shock, and I look to William, but he shakes his head, he didn't plan this one.

"JEREMY!!" I yell and fling myself into his warm embrace. "I missed you so much!" I inform him, not that he didn't know that already. Jeremy Brodeur. One of my best friends, and a goalie for the Oshawa Generals.

"I missed you too Muffin!" He replies wrapping his arms around my shoulders, and squeezing tightly.

Eventually, we let go of each other, and everyone gets together to eat the snacks I had set out, and just talk about random things. out of the corner of my eye, I see William talking to my parents and Jeremy. It looks like the conversation is going well, which makes me happy, because that hopefully means my parents approve. 

I sure hope Jeremy approves too...