Chapter 86

A/N For tweets, the name at the beginning is who the tweet is addressed to and not who is saying it like it is in messages because I wrote this before they changed how Twitter worked.

Castiel wakes up on Saturday with a notification on his phone from Twitter. Except for a couple followers, he hasn't had a single one yet. It doesn't surprise him; he doesn't tweet often, and when he does, it's usually just the hashtag games to keep his account active. He doesn't have anything to tweet about yet.

He opens the app to see that he has a mention from @MusicAddict2000. Is that what Twitter calls them? He has no idea. He spends a few seconds trying to figure out how to check his notification, until he finally figures it out.

"I'm obsessed with @CastielNovak's song Playing With Fire," the tweet reads.

Castiel can't help but smile at that. Does he have to respond to this? He probably should. What is he supposed to say to this? He never knows what to say anyway. He rolls over and groans into his pillow. This is hard.

"Castiel?" Gabriel says from the top bunk, if it can even be considered "saying." It's clear he's still mostly asleep, and his talking is more a groan than speech.

"Oh, sorry," Castiel whispers. "I thought you were up."

"I am now," Gabriel replies, and when Castiel hears the shifting of the mattress, he knows Gabriel is getting up. "Whatcha doing?"

"Twittering," Castiel informs him. "Someone tweeted at me that they like my song."

"Really? Did you respond?" Gabriel asks, climbing down from his bed and sitting next to Castiel in the bottom one.

"You know me. What do you think?"

"No?" Gabriel guesses.

"Exactly."

Gabriel looks at the tweet over his shoulder, then rolls his eyes. "Castiel. She's literally saying she likes your song. That's it. It's not that hard to respond to." He slides out of bed. "I need food. Bye. Reply to them."

He walks out of the room, leaving a very puzzled Castiel behind. What is he supposed to say to this person? This is hard! Okay, let's just say something simple.

"@MusicAddict2000 Thanks! I'm glad you like it!"

And reply. Okay, is that good? Is that enough? Is that how to tweet? This is why he could never be Taylor Swift. He's too socially awkward for this. Why did he ever let Lucifer convince him to accept this record deal?

Almost immediately, he gets another tweet. It's from the same girl, a reply to his.

"@CastielNovak OH MY GOD SENPAI NOTICED ME!"

Castiel laughs softly to himself and types out a reply that he hopes is somewhat entertaining, or at least not incredibly stupid.

"@MusicAddict2000 "Senpai," huh? I bet you say that to all the boys ;)

"Was the ";)" too much? Maybe he shouldn't have said that. Maybe he should have gone with something normal and not at all like that. Or maybe he should have just dropped the conversation there.