Chapter 60

Castiel wakes up after eight the next morning, which is fairly late by his standards. He heads downstairs to eat breakfast when he sees the Lucifer is awake. That's a problem. That's a big problem. Lucifer doesn't wake up this early. He just doesn't. Castiel instantly knows something is up, and hurries over to his older brother to see what it is.

Fortunately, Castiel can tell immediately that nothing too bad has happened that required Lucifer to wake up early. What he sees is Lucifer and Gabriel scanning pages of his song notebook onto the computer. Neither of them look up as he enters the room, but he doesn't go unnoticed.

"I'm not reading it," Gabriel tells Castiel as he scans the final page. "And done. Okay, Castiel. Now these are on the computer and online on two different accounts to ensure that you can't get rid of them. I've been up successful two in the morning doing this, by the way. You'll thank me later."

"Dammit, Gabriel! This isn't what I had in mind when I let you keep it for the night!"

"I know it's not," Gabriel replies, handing Castiel the notebook. "But I kept it for the night, and now it's yours to do with it what you please." He gives Castiel a falsely innocent smile.

Castiel sighs and waves a hand to dismiss it. "I don't want it. I just wanted to get rid of it, but it doesn't look like that's happening."

"Nope!" Lucifer replies with a grin. "So suck it up, buttercup. I got donuts."
Castiel gives him a small smile. "Well, that makes things a little better."
"Damn straight it does!" Lucifer agrees. "So come on. Food time."
The three of the head out to the kitchen, where Michael is reading a book and Samandriel is on the computer. Anna is still sleeping -- she sleeps almost as late as Lucifer usually does, so she won't be up for another couple hours.

Lucifer walks over to the counter and carries a large box of assorted types of donuts to Castiel and Gabriel. Gabriel reaches for one, but Lucifer hits his hand away.

"Castiel picks first," Lucifer scolds him. "You've already had some."

Gabriel rolls his eyes. "Fine, whatever."
Castiel grabs a chocolate glazed donut because those are the best types of donuts ever. By the time he's had two bites, Gabriel has already shoved an entire honey glazed donut in his own mouth. Lucifer chuckles as he brings the box back to the counter and takes a donut with the chocolate frosting and sprinkles on top for himself.

"This is a good day," Lucifer announces.

"It is," Gabriel agrees. "And only one more week!"

"Until?" Lucifer prompts.

"Until I hear from Dad again," Gabriel clarifies. "Whether he comes home or I call him, I'm hearing from him again and don't you dare tell me not to."

"We won't," Lucifer assures him. "We want Dad back, too. But you know Michael. Always one to follow orders. But if you want to call at midnight next Saturday, I'll be up to join you."

"Good," Gabriel replies. "Because I'm not waiting any longer than I have to to find Dad."

"I know. I second that. But he's been gone over a week. I bet he'll be back before then."

"Hopefully," Gabriel replies. "But we don't know and I really want to make sure he's okay. This us going to be the longest week of my life."

"We should do something fun," Lucifer suggests.

"Yes, please! What should we do?"

"I swear to god, Lucifer, if you say Bee Movie..." Castiel adds.

"Fine, fine. No Bee Movie," Lucifer agrees reluctantly. "How about we watch a different movie? Like The Force Awakens. Charlie wanted us to watch that."

"Rogue One, idiot," Samandriel tells him, glancing up from his laptop. "Force Awakens was last year."

"Whatever," Lucifer replies dismissively. "It's Star Wars. They're all the same to me."

"Charlie would be pissed right now," Gabriel laughs.

"Charlie's not here right now," Lucifer reminds him. "But really, guys. Let's go watch Rogue One. You know, after Anna wakes up."

"Then go buy tickets," Michael instructs him. "Give us at least two hours."
"Alright, I can do that." He pulls out his phone and quickly taps the screen a bunch of times. After a couple minutes, he proudly announces, "And done. Two and a half hours, and we'll be at Chunky's eating lunch and watching movies. You're welcome."

"Thanks, Luce," Gabriel says.

"I second that," Samandriel adds.

"I third that," Castiel says to feel included.

"I don't really care," Michael announces.

"No one cares about you," Lucifer tells him. "Alright, two and a half hours. What should we do?"

Gabriel shoves the song notebook in Castiel's face. "Can Luce and I read these? And you, too, if you wanna come?"

Castiel sighs. "Whatever. I'm sure you'll read them whether I let you or not."

Gabriel nods. "You would be correct. You wanna read 'em with us? See what you used to write about?"

"No way," Castiel replies. "I would actually rather forget what I used to write about."

"You're no fun," Lucifer pouts. "Anyway, Gabe and I are gonna go through your thingy."

"I'm gonna go far, far away so I don't have to deal with you," Castiel tells him.

"Bye!" Lucifer waves wth an overly cheerful smile as Castiel walks away nod hides out in the room he and Gabriel share.

He looks around, bored. His eyes land on his guitar. Well, it's better than nothing. So for the next two hours, he plays guitar.