1 I Gold

*9th District: One of the wealthiest part of Phoenix City. Known for its prime shopping, dining territory, and auction houses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Crane Tea House. 9th District, Phoenix City, Thunder Kingdom.

On a mahogany table located on the second floor of the Crane Tea House, two hot cups of teas are placed. Sitting on two seats across the table are two handsome young lads. One was wearing a exquisite jade green robe, the other a simple blue robe. The two lads looked to be around 14 or 15 years old; however, their calmness and indifferent demeanor did not match with their youthful faces. Anyone could tell these two were from high upbringing.

Both were currently concentrating on the chess sets on the table in front of them.

Something is not right, Xiren thought. Yes, something is amiss. Xiren gut feeling has never failed her. She was sure her brother had something up his sleeves or else he wouldn't have helped her sneaked out of the manor so easily. He even lended her a set of his own clothing and a generous amount of pocket money-- per her request--without any opposition. When has he ever been this kind and thoughtless? No, this just might be the perfect opportunity for me. Wang Xiren secretly grinned.

Of course, if Madame Wang knew her beloved daughter thoughts at this moment, all the maids and servants--including Wang Xue himself--will be beaten so bad that they won't be able to walk straight for allowing Xiren to go out without her knowledge. God knows how insanely protective she is over Xiren. She have always feared for the worst whenever Xiren is far from the safe confinement of the Wang Manor. Fortunately, Madame Wang and all her personal maidservants were away to visit the Chu Manor for a few days, and the current servants at the Wang Manor were smart enough to keep things to themselves in fear for their own well-being.

Wang Xiren sipped the Assam tea as she stared at her brother with a hawk-like gaze.

Under his sister intense gaze, Wang Xue couldn't help but wiggle a bit, shifting position on his chair as he forges indifference. With his long jade-like fingers, Wang Xue brushed a fallen strand of hair from his delicate face and moved a chess piece.

A young waitress passing by to refill Wang Xue's teacup almost fallen over herself when she had met with his phoenix-like eyes for a brief second. The starry eyed girl cheeks turned tomato-red and she quickly scattered away.

Wang Xue had gotten all of Madame Wang's beauty. Although he was tad on the feminine side, he was considered handsome nonetheless. His playful round hazel-colored eyes were framed by thick lashes, his lips slightly thin, his nose straight and defined.

Similarly, Xiren had big eyes, but hers were sharp, gray and almond-shaped, with thick arched brows that gave her a boyish mystique. Her hair thick and smooth like silk, and so dark that her ivory skin appeared sickly. Her nose was small and straight, and her lips full and seductive .

Height-wise, the siblings were almost identical. Wang Xiren only lost to Wang Xue by an inch. Naturally girls her age experienced a growth spurt much earlier than boys; however, for Xiren her growth spurt was greater than most girls due to her genes since Madam Wang and the Marquis were taller than the average.

"Xue'ge, surely.....we are not here to play chess merely for the atmosphere. If you have no other business here then I will take my leave to explore the marketplace."

Wang Xue caught the hem of Xiren's sleeve and gently pulled her back down to sit. "Ren'er, can you help your brother with one small favor?" Wang Xue brightly smiled at her with pleading puppy dog eyes.

Wang Xiren raised a brow. Her slender hands lifting the tea cup with elegance as she takes a light sip, her eyes glancing at Wang Xue. "Depends on the request. I won't promise you something that is out of my ability." 

"Of course!" Wang Xue clapped his hands together and looked at Xiren in all seriousness. "I want you to go on a date with a girl".

"Say what?!" Xiren spitted out a mouthful of tea, but she quickly regained her composure. "For what reason?"

"Well...the story is...well." Wang Xue pondered if he should tell her the truth or not. "Okay, promise me you will hear me out?"

Xiren solemnly nodded.

"Remember a few months ago I helped you sneak out of the house and took you to town?"

"Yes." Xiren acknowledged. 

"Well.... when we were out together, I met a Jewel Merchant that was willing to sell me his green crystal for a reasonable price; however, in return he wanted me to find a prospect suitor for his daughter."

Xiren eyed her brother with suspicion. "Somewhat. I vaguely remembered you obtaining a rare crystal and used it to force a breakthrough into yellow stage. That was a significant event yes. But how does this involve me?"

"Well, it does involve you since the merchant's daughter saw a glimpse of you with me and instantly took a liking to you! Who would've thought my little sister is such a hunk in young maidens eyes!"

For a brief moment Xiren expression turned dark, but it quickly changed back to normal, so know one-- not even Wang Xue--notice the sinister look on his sister's face at that moment.

This good brother of mine sold me out for a rare crystal! 

Xiren clutched her teeth. Her momentary anger and annoyance quickly changed and turned into something else. Being the opportunist that she was, Wang Xiren smugly smiled and scratched her chin while mouthing her favorite word, "gold".