||R e a l M e||

F o r t y  O n e
This one is for namiabakar111

:)

[Allah] said: Fear not. Indeed I am with you both; I hear and I see.

-Surah Taha, verse 46-

Mashal

I had never punched anything before, so I wasn't surprised when my fist blazed up with pain everytime it landed on the hard leather punch bag.

I immediately pulled it back and shook my hand to easy off the pain. Zeyara had left after giving the instructions and since then all the women had been punching and kicking the bags tirelessly.
They had also been pointing at me and whispering in each others ears. The way they were laughing made it clear what they were talking about.

Zara was the only one who hadn't laughed at me even when Zeyara cracked that not so funny joke. She had come up to me and offered me her help but I had denied it politely, saying that I wanted to do it myself. After that I had moved away from the crowd to a quite corner to punch that heavy bag where I couldn't hear the mocking laughs.

I could see Zara from the corner of my eye. She was hitting the bag continously on one spot to put pressure there and cause it to tear up. This was her technique. My eyes raked around Khawlah to realise that this was not the only technique. The girls were using different angels, different jabs to just break it apart.

While I didn't know any technique other than reciting ayat Al kursi.

That's what we all do most of the time. It's okay to put your trust in Allah but Allah helps those who help themselves. Even if a person is not a Muslim and still he works hard, he will succeed as opposed to a person who is a hafiz but instead of working hard, just sits lazily.

I was frequently stealing glances at the clock, wanting this to end. We had been punching those bags for two hours, stopping only for water. Only ten minutes were left for the training time to end when I heard a loud smack followed by a "Yesssss!"

I diverted my eyes to the source of the sound and saw the girls clapping for Saddia as she wiped her sweat, standing in front of her burst bag.

She had done it and proved that she was worthy enough to be the trainer.

I felt that sinking feeling again when I resumed punching my bag. I wasn't made to do this. This was not my league. My bag wouldn't budge even when I applied all the force I had.

Five minutes later, another bag burst and this time it was Soha.

I watched in awe from a distance as the girls congratulated and hi fived her.

By the time there were three minutes left, I had stopped punching and sat down in the corner, knowing that it was beyond my power.

And then another bag was ripped apart by a girl who I had seen sitting in the cavern on Saddia's table.

Those three were probably the best amongst the women because no one else was able to do it till the end of the session.

I was the first one to run out as the clock struck one, not waiting for Zara or anyone else for that matter.

I ran and I ran. I didn't even care to take a cart.

I ran because my relationship with Zeyara was sinking to the ocean floor but I was too weak to pull up the heavy anchor.