||F l o w e r s||

T h i r t y  E i g h t
This one is for NaeemNaufer
:)

Sometimes Allah shows us
the brightest lights
when we are in the
darkest places.

Mashal

"Fu--"

"Minahil you swear one more time and I'll tell Saddia that you are a terrorist!" I snapped at her.

"That fu--" she shook her head, thinking of a non sweary way to describe her. "I mean that flipping hoe."

"Minahil! It's still not good."

"Okay okay not hoe, I mean horror! Yes horror. That flipping horror! I hate that girl!"

I groaned in frustrating at her choice of words. Last night when Minahil returned after being verified, I had already fallen asleep due to the jet lag and the comfort of the soft bed. After sleeping in Zeyara's rock hard bed for so long, this soft bed felt like heaven. I didn't even wait for dinner. Minahil had the dinner alone when it came and then she too, had fallen asleep.

In the morning, the sound of the fajr azan filled our room. That is when we woke up and realised that the azan had come from the speaker I had spotted when I first came to the room.

After I forced Minahil out of the bed for fajr and we both prayed, she had started telling me what happened to her when she went for the verification.

Turns out they asked her a hundred questions and analysed them psychologically to know her personality and intentions.

"But seriously Mashal can you belive it? They even asked me my grandmother's name. I was freaking out at that point. I mean I don't know what my grandmother was into. She could've been on their most wanted list!" Minahil said shrilly with a hand over her heart.

"But you passed right? So please stop torturing me. I'm too hungry to listen to your autobiography." I muttered before flipping over to the other side of the bed and pulling up the duvet.

I was way too hungry because of skipping dinner and my stomach was continuously growling.

"Fine." She sniggered before shutting up.

I thought I'd finally get some silence but I was wrong because in less than a minute I heard our metallic door open and then the footsteps of someone walking in.

"You!" Minahil exclaimed grudgingly.

I jarred out of the covers to see the person because of Minahil's intense reaction.

"I hope you had a good sleep in sha Allah because today there's quite a lot on your schedule today." Saddia smiled at me.

She was all geared up, fresh and confident just like yesterday.
As if she had not just walked into someone's room and disrupted their sleep.

"Fu--" Minahil opened her mouth to form some pleasant words but a glare from me forced her to change the sentence. "Flowers. There are no flowers here."

I shook my head incredulously and Saddia continued speaking, ignoring Minahil's flowers.

"Right. Would you please change into Alnihayya clothes now? Then I'll take you over for breakfast in the cavern."
Saying this, she turned around to face the wall. "Get changed."

Cavern.
What a beautiful name for a dining room.

Minahil glanced at me and mouthed, "What the flipping horror."