Chapter 13: Lucky 7

On the way home they stopped at Good ole' Trucking Food, to get gas. Tara went inside to pay when she noticed a flier taped next to the menu.

                                                     Karaoke Contest!

Must be 15 to enter. Every Friday night starting November 29. Winners get a free meal and pictures on winner's board. Drinks on karaoke night $2 a cup. Appetizers for two $3.99. All you can eat corn nuggets starting at $5.00.

"Hey Maybelle, what's this about?" Tara asked the cashier, pointing towards the sign.

"Johny wants to bring in more customers, and he bought a karaoke machine so, well you get the picture. Thinking about singing up?" she asked ringing me up.

"I don't know, I only enter if I know I'm gonna win." she joked.

"Well here's the list." Maybelle says while handing her the sign-up sheet.

1. Joe and Freada

2. Tracey Greenwood

3. Hayley Ruth

5. Aeron Smith

6. Kim, Veronica, and Papaw Louie

Wait, Aeron Smith? Just then he came in saying something about him going over.

"What are you doing?' he asked.

"Just about to crush your dreams with nine of my favorite letters." she smirked.

She quickly scrawled her name on the lucky number 7 slot.

 "I don't think you should do that." he said.

"And why not?" she asked.

"Because then you'll be competition, and I don't... can't socialize with the enemy." he said.

"Is that suppose to scare me?" she said.

" Yes, into singing with me." he finally asked.

" We'll see, if you can keep up." she finished. 

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

***** Author's note, sorry it was soo short ,but I got bored, then tired:)