Chapter 12: Enchanted, I'm sure.

Aeron's house was pretty nice. Okay it was, like one of the only Mansions in Lintone. Of course its out in the country but where else would you put it? Aeron got out and went around to the passenger side to open the door for Tara. She got out, and stood awkwardly to the side. 

"Come on, no one's home." Aeron said as he strode from the car to the dark oak door.

He let them in and they walked into what was one of the biggest living rooms she'd ever seen. There was a huge TV, beautiful furniture, an odd shaped fish tank with weird fish swimming around, and a wall full of pictures. 

"So do you maybe wanna watch a movie or something?" Aeron asked.

"Yeah, sure." Tara said.

"Okay, I'll go make some popcorn, you can choose a movie from my room. Just go upstairs and its the third door on the left." Aeron instructed.

Tara simply nodded and slumped upstairs. At the very top she that on a wall there hung a huge black and white portrait of a man and a woman. He had light brown- chestnut colored hair with the same beautiful brown eyes Aeron had. The woman on the other hand had gray-green eyes and golden hair. Aeron looked nothing like her. 

She found what Aeron's room. Looked around and noticed a guitar next to a big book. 'Aeron's Song Book' it read in black letters. She sat on his neatly made bed, and opened it up. There were a few poems written in the pages. Not really songs, but they were way better that anything she could ever slap together. About halfway through the book she saw a picture of a little boy that had to be Aeron. He was sitting in a swing, being pushed by a woman. She had brown hair like Aeron, but had sparkling sapphire blue eyes. She found two more pictures one with the same woman as the first and the other with a girl with brown hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a yellow dress and was holding an antique black camera. She looked so much like the other woman. Tara hadn't noticed that she was being watched until Aeron spoke up.

"I thought you might have gotten lost." he said.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean too. I just saw the book an-" 

"Its okay, so what did ya' find?" he asked taking a seat next to her on the bed.

Tara showed him the pictures.

"Who's that?"  she asked pointing to the girl with the camera.

"That's my sister, she still lives in Sullivan with my grandparents." Aeron said glancing at the picture.

"Those are obviously your eyes, she said pointing to the little boy in the other pictures, so who is this?" Tara asked sliding her finger to the woman standing behind him.

Aeron took the picture in his hands and smiled. He stood silent for a moment admiring the Polaroid.

"That's my mother and me on my sixth birthday. My father and she separated three months later and she died later that fall." he said.

"How?" Tara asked.

"She was in a car accident, it was raining pretty hard, but my sister later found out that her blood alcohol level was through the roof. Anyways she lost control of the car and crashed into a tree." he finished.

"I'm so sorry." she said leaning over wrapping Aeron in an embrace.

They sat there for a while, until he pulled away. 

"Let's go downstairs." he said as he stood up, grabbed a movie from a case next to his desk and walked out. She quickly stood up and followed.

Tara and Aeron sat through an inspirational basketball movie, the only contact was when one of them shifted and they're shoulder's would rub against one another, neither of them talking. After the ending credits Aeron stood up and was ejecting the DVD when the blonde woman from the portrait and two blonde kid copies in basketball uniforms walked in.

"Is she your girlfriend?" the little girl asked.

"No she's just a friend." Aeron responded. He then turned to Tara and introduced them.

"This is Sarah my step-mother and her children Lauren and Logan." he said.

Tara stepped forward and held out a hand. "Hi, I'm-  "

"Enchanted, I'm sure. Unfortunately I have to get dinner started and Aeron has to clean out the garage, so please take the girl home. Lauren. Logan. Go get cleaned up." Sarah said before heading into the kitchen, followed by the kids. 

"I'm sorry about her." Aeron gestured towards Sarah.

"Its fine, I have to get home anyways." Tara said following Aeron to the car.