Chapter 6

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I know some of you have been waiting....hopefully this makes up for it!!

xxx

*** *** ***

I try not to hyperventilate through the next two periods, when I know I’ll see Dean again. I couldn’t believe he had said that to his girlfriend. One day and the girls already hated me. Well, Jasmine did. I wasn’t entirely sure about Dylan.

            I was breathless by the time I got outside, it was just outside the school near a bunch of bushes where a bunch of guys smoked. James was here sometimes and that’s the only reason I knew about it.

            When I get there, Simon and Dean are there and a couple of other strung out juniors are a few feet away. I know Simon’s there and I should be putting on my best flirt face, but I’m just too mad and embarrassed to care.

            “You,” I say, coming straight at him.

            He looks up and laughs. “Hey, there, Deee-lie-luh.” He grin and takes a drag of his cigarette.

            “I can’t believe you!” I said.

            “What? Somebody make you cry?” He gives a pouty face. I glance at Simon, who snorts. My anger flares.

            I grab the cigarette out of his hand, drop it on the floor, and stomp on it with my boot.

            “Hey,” he says and grabs my wrists.

            “Man, chill,” Simon rolls his eyes, but Dean doesn’t let go.

            “What did you tell your girlfriend?” I grit my teeth, trying to wriggle away.

            He grins. “I told her exactly what happened, babe,” he lets go of one of my wrists and wraps his arm tightly around my waist.

            “Hey!” I cry just as Simon pushes his arm in between and pushes Dean’s chest.

            “Just cool it, guys.” Simon says, looking at me. “Are you OK?”

            I can feel myself getting more and more upset. I will myself not to cry. It has nothing to do with Dean’s hands on me, but nothing is working out. I envisioned myself getting close with Dylan and her friends and then maybe getting to know Simon and then everything else would fall into place. Now Dylan thought I was a man thief and Dean was a complete a-hole and Jasmine hated me.

            “I’m fine,” I say shakily. I point my finger at Dean. “Just stop spreading lies, OK? Now your girlfriend hates me.”

            Dean rolls his eyes. “Jasmine’s just jealous of any piece of ass that walks by.”

            I clench my jaw. “Gee, thanks.”

            Dean grins at me, fishing another cigarette out of his pocket. “Anytime, Dee-lie-luh.”

            I turn on my feet, not even glancing at Simon. But, I can’t help but smile when I hear him call.

            “Stop by at lunch, OK, Dee?”

                                                            ***

At lunch there is slightly less people at the table than yesterday. When I arrive, everyone leaves and it’s just me and one other girl-the girl that was with Dylan when I bumped into her yesterday. Julianne Milan.