Chapter 4

So...this is where stuff gets good...or bad, depending on how you look at it! I'll add a song later on, but I'm in chem class now :) If you guys ahev any suggestions, comment below!!

This is dedicated to LoopyLouiee, my first fan!

*** *** ***

Luckily my Dad leaves early for work so he didn’t see me, otherwise he might’ve killed me. He’s not too good at being the affectionate Dad type, he’s a workaholic who’s rarely home, but I know his protective Dad genes would’ve flared if he’d seen me in the outfit.

Bella agreed to pick me up for school since Elk had some Academic Decathalon meeting; such a brain.

“You look amazing!” Bella cries when I slide into the car. “I can’t believe it.”

“Thanks,” I say sarcastically, but I can’t help but smiling. The truth is, I feel really uncomfortable. It’s not a super slutty outfit or anything, girls wear it enough, but it’s just not me. I like to blend in, not stand out, especially not in this way.

She laughs. “You know what I mean. I’m just not used to you dressing this way. It’s hot.”

“Do you think it’ll work?” I ask.

She gives me a look like she can’t believe I even asked the question. “Look at you. Even if it doesn’t work, every guy in the school is going to be drooling over you.”

I roll my eyes. “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m competing against Dylan Madge here. ”

She grins and checks her hair in the rearview mirror. “C’mon, Simon will definitely go for you. This is going to be easier than I thought. Oooh, here we are!” She pulls into the parking lot of the school. Only teachers get spots so close to the school, but Bella’s so rich her Dad bought her a spot for life here. She’s so wealthy I sometimes wonder why she’s not with the Pops, but that’s not Bella. She hangs around with everyone, she doesn’t just stick to one crowd.

I take a deep breath before I step out of the car.

                                    ***

I step into first period and feel naked. I don’t have classes with any of my close friends, so I’m on my own.

I feel people looking at me like I’m a whole new person, like they’re finally noticing me. I feel an urge to pull my skirt down, but I know that will ruin the whole look.

I hear a cat call and I will my cheeks not to blush, but I feel them doing it anyway. I smile and try to act like I’m used to this sort of thing. I flip my hair a little bit and bite my lip. I pray that I don’t look as stupid as I feel.

I glance at Simon. He really is gorgeous; he has soft brown hair, dimples, and blueish green eyes. He’s also tall; its always a plus when guys are tall, I think. Of course, if you’re as short as Bella, then I guess it doesn’t matter that much-

“Hey.”

I stop abruptly and look up. Sitting in front of me is a sort of cute guy with dark hair and eyes. He’s not exactly looking at me, though, it’s more like he’s leering. He’s sitting on a desk casually, looking like the king of the world or something. I recognize him as Dean Franklin, Simon’s best friend.

“Oh, hi,” I stammer.

He grins. “What’s your name?”

“Oh…uh, Delilah,” I say. I take a breath. Stay cool. He approached you, I remind myself.