Jealousy

You push the cart down the small aisle. Throwing in the occasional treat or boxed dinner, you look down until you hear a thud in your cart. Looking up quickly you see Sam putting in what Deans calls rabbit food. He looks at the packages with so many artificial ingredients he rolls his eyes. "Come on Sam, you've got your vices and we've got ours." He tosses a bag of salad mix in the cart, "one of these days I'll get you to come to my side." You smile and share a small laugh.

After checking out you drive back at the bunker. Grabbing the reusable bags you follow Sam inside and put them in the kitchen. Sam always makes a game out of putting the groceries away. Tossing him a bag of carrots, the last in the bag you fold and put it away as he shuts the door. "Same time next week?" You smile and he gives you a high five. Dean comes in the doorway, "hate to break this up but here," he tosses you your phone, "you left this." Looking at the screen, "three missed calls and a text."

"Your boy is quite persistent," he walks away. You walk out of the kitchen and on your way to your room you call him back. Closing the door you talk to him. "No, no Jason. Please calm down and stop. Okay? I'll come your way just give me a minute to get a ride." He starts to calm down a bit. You grab a few things and shove them into your pockets. Leaving your room you head down the hallway and find them sitting at a table with a beer in front of each.

"Guys... its two in the afternoon." "Yea well, its five o' clock somewhere," Dean laughs to himself and takes another sip. "I need a ride into town unless you want to hand some keys over." Dean looks at you like you just asked for a million dollars. You look at Sam who sets the beer on the table, "sure." You smile, "thanks Sam." "Would this be boy trouble?" You look at Dean, "is that any of your business?" He grins, "that's a yes. Well tell him I want our hunter back before eleven. Got some research to do."

Driving out there Sam was quiet so you were. You kept hearing Jason's panicking voice over the phone. He was usually the strong one but even the strong falter. Pulling up to your usually meeting spot you ask Sam to come back in an hour for you. You walk into the building and see him towards the back. Walking up to him he gives you a hug and hands you your favorite drink, "thank you." He smiled, "thank you for meeting me." "Your voice sounded urgent and I'm your friend. So what's wrong?"

The two of you talk for a while and you sip on your drink. Listening carefully to what he was saying you weigh your words when he stops. He's on the brink of a breakdown and truly doesn't know where to go. You take his hands, "I know what you're going through and I've been there. All it takes is a little more patience and time. Don't worry about it all day, that does you no good." You pat his hands, "I know it's hard but you'll hear soon enough. I mean a handsome man like yourself..." He smiles and nods. "Thank you. You're always there for me and know what to say."

The both of you get up and he gives you a big hug. You look into that smile and cup his face, "see, better already." You rock up on your tiptoes and pull his face to you. Giving him a kiss on the lips you pat his cheek. He puts his hand on yours, "what would I do without you?" You smile, "lets not think about that." You look into his more relaxed eyes then catch movement from the corner of your eye. Looking over you see Sam. You give Jason another hug and whisper, "my ride," in his ear. He gives you a little squeeze. "If you need anything you call me okay?" "You've already done so much."

You turn and walk to Sam and look over your shoulder once to wave. Getting to the car Sam opens the door for you and you get in. He gets in the other side and he drives away. It was a quiet ride back to the bunker and when he parks in the garage he gets out. You follow suit and he turns to you, "is everything okay?" You give him a little smile, "yea. I mean it will be. He'll get over it and they'll laugh at this silly mistake later." "So he's just a friend?" You look at Sam a little confused, "a good friend, Sam why are you asking?"

He shuffles a little and scratches the back of his neck, "no... no reason." You cross your arms, "Sam..." He shifts his weight, "well it just seemed you were a little close and the kiss I just-" he sort of trailed off. You can't help but smile a little more. "Well Sam Winchester your not telling me you are a little jealous of that kiss right?" He doesn't look right at you. Your heart beats a little faster, "you are? Oh my go-" He cuts you off in one swift motion and covers your lips with his. You wrap your arms around him and melt into him.

When the kiss breaks you look up at him, "that was... wow." He shows you those dimples, "now for dinner," he sticks out his elbow, "will you accompany me?" You wrap your arm through his, "but of course." He moves his head to make his hair flip, "marvelous." You giggle as he walks you inside.

THE END