Sam and Bones

You work at this old place that probably should have been torn down years ago. But you have to admit it wasn't a bad place to work because you got along with everyone, even the old grouch who owned the place. This little job is something to pass the time and earn a little pocket change. You look at the calendar and see its Wednesday; these are the best days because someone comes to visit you.

Your thoughts are broken by your visitor's face. Smiling big you move to the window, "Bones!" Taking a sample cone you lean across as far as you would and watch as he chomps it down. "You're spoiling him," his owner walks over and slouches over on the small counter. Still smiling, "well someone's got to. He's such a good boy." You pat the top of Bones' head as his tongue sticks out when you scratch behind his ears.

"Well maybe you'd like to take a walk with this good boy and his owner." You look over at him and think to yourself how harmless he seems and attractive that smile is. "I get off in an hour and a half," you scratch Bones a bit more. "Sounds good, see ya then." You watch as they walk away and now you wish you could clock out and go with them. Luckily that last hour and a half flew by and they came back. "Bones," you knelt down as he barked and pawed at you. "You know me so well," you pulled out another cone.

The three of you walked to the small park that looked over the ocean. "Oh the name's Sam if you wanted to know." You look up at him and extend your hand, "nice to meet you Sam." "Oh," he pulls a ball form his pocket, "he likes to play with this." He hands you the ball as you take it your fingers graze and you could've sworn your heart fluttered. You tossed the ball and every time he brought it back, meanwhile you and Sam talked. "So you've been in law school?" He laughs a little, "well pre-law." You nudge him, "you're sure to go all the way. You'll be a fine lawyer."

The sunsets and you are getting tired and wished you didn't have to open in the morning. "Sam I wish I could stay longer but I need to go home and sleep before I have to go back to work." You stand up from your seated and very comfortable place beside him and Bones looks up at you, tongue hanging out. Starting to walk away, even when you don't want to, you wave. Thinking to yourself how you can't wait till next Wednesday and try to fall asleep without thinking of him, or just fall asleep.