Chapter 2

Surprisingly, the trip back home was okay. My mother was on her phone, chatting with my Ninang. So far, wala pa naman sinasabi si Mommy about my engagement. That godmother of mine would throw a fit, and rant on and on and on. Sabagay, di naman sure yun, kasi si Mommy nga hindi nagganun e. Usually, Mommy would have pursed lips, and yes there’s a truth in the “calm before a storm” line, you better be prepared when she starts lashing words at you.

Daddy just fumbled with the radio, trying to find a station playing a song familiar to him.

I almost hopped out the car as soon as dad parked it. Hilo parin ako, and I am starving, totally starving! Lucky for me, my chef aunt is staying over for her vacation. She’s gonna spoil me rotten the way she used to back when I was this chubby midget. Buti nalang I purposely lost weight, coz she’s coming back to town. Kailangan pag-alis niya same parin ako sa kung paanong wala pa siya. I AM GOING TO EAT TO MY HEART’S CONTENT! Umaga palang kasi, stressed na agad.

That’s probably your fault, y’know. HAY NAKO! KONSENSIYANG TO O! Di ko nga naalala anong nangyari e. -_-

“Tita Minnie!” bungad ko pagpasok na pagpasok sa bahay.

“I’m at the kitchen!” she shouted back.

Figuuuuuured…. She’s always in her ‘office’.

“Smells good! What’s for lunch? Gutom na ako e.” Pagpapacute ko sa tyahin ko, bago ako umupo sa harap ng counter.

“You’re favorite!” Hindi parin siya humaharap sakin.

“TITA NAMAN EEEEEH! Madami kaya akong favorite.” And this time, I pouted. Why was everyone in the family being mean to me today?!

Tinawanan niya ako. What she said next made my day. “Chicken and pork adobo with button mushrooms. Stop smiling like a deranged person there and help me set up the dining table, wala mga pinsan mo ngayon e.” I stood up at once.

My cousins always came over. Tita Minnie took care of us when we were kids kasi. She never got married. I always thought it was such a waste, she really makes the most scrumptious meals. Just talking about her dishes sometimes make me want to drool (Yes, gross, I know, but it really is mouth-watering!).

Well, I guess okay lang na wala mga ate-ate ko dito. Ayoko pa magkwento at ayoko pang malaman nila na I screwed up.

Lunch went smoothly. Well, except for the panaka-nakang pagsulyap ng parents ko sakin. Daddy just grinned, pero si Mommy parang worried na ewan. And I have a very big feeling na napansin yun ng auntie ko. I just shrugged it off and continued to clean the table and wash the dishes. At least nawala na hilo ko. Buti nalang may seminar na aattend-an ang parents ko. Pareho sila ng profession. They talked about the program and the speakers from another country, the theme, blah blah blah. Hindi ko kasi ma-digest sinasabi nila e.

Nagpaalam ako ng magalang, ran upstairs and went to my room to get a pair of comfortable, loose pajamas. I grabbed my towel and my Ipod from my bag, and proceeded to the bathroom. Upon locking the door, I immediately plugged my Ipod sa speaker. Oo, maarte ako, gusto ko my music habang naliligo ako. :p

My mom knocked through the door. “Anak, alis na kami. Lalabas ka ba?”

UHMMM. Something happened nga na di inaasahan e, lalabas pa ba ako? Seriously, Mom? Pero di ko yun sinabi.

“Okay, Mommy. Ingat po. And no, I don’t think I’ll be going out tonight.”

“But it’s a Saturday.” I rolled my eyes at her statement.

“Yeah, and yesterday was a Friday and tomorrow’s a Sunday. I do recall that you almost didn’t let me go out and hang out with my friends last night. Now, pinagtutulakan mo ko gumala?” Natawa nalang ako e. Ridiculous.

“Hmph. Pilosopang bata. Sige na, bahala ka na. Aalis din pala Tita mo e. You have the house to yourself. You can ask people to come over if you want.”

Please don’t tell me, she has something up her sleeves. I think she meant Dwayne when she said people, in-emphasize niya kasi e.

“No, thanks Mommy. I’m good. I prefer a quiet Saturday night ALONE. Ingat po kayo ni Daddy.”

“Fine, text or call us if you changed your mind-“

“Para prepared kami kung makikita namin na may ibang tao sa kwarto mo.” Daddy cut in, and I can hear his muffled laughter through the door.

“Darwin! Iniinis mo nanaman yan!” Lalong ikinatawa ni Daddy to.

UGHHHHHH! KAKAASAAAAAAAR! Can’t my dad be a normal father? Maiintindihan ko pa kung pagagalitan ako e, pero yung aasarin pa ako? Di na nagbago si Daddy. Sabagay I should be thankful na lang instead, kung hindi baka na-disown na ako or something if I was born to another family.

“WHATEVER, DADDY! Drive safely. I love you!”

“Love you too. Bye!”

And with that, umalis na sila. Naging ten-fold ata ang stress level ko dun ah. I played the Ipod and put it on shuffle.

I decided to treat myself to a bubble bath. I really need to recollect my thoughts and internalize what happened. As soon as the tub was filled with water and bubbles, I turned the faucet off, put my hair up into a messy bun. I stripped off my pedal shorts, t-shirt and undies, and slipped onto the very enticing, warm water. The bathroom was already filled with a vanilla scent.

“Jeez! Bawal talaga magsalita ng tapos…. Sabi ko pa naman na I can’t be with another friend. They are off-limits.” I groaned inwardly.

I can do this. Ako pa….

Once I was comfortable, I closed my eyes and prayed that everything will be alright.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Very lame update. Pero I really needed a breather e, sorry ito lang nakayanan. Dami kasi ginagawa e. :))

Lemme know what you guys think.

BTW, next chapter, Dwayne's POV na, kasi baka sawa na kayo kay Dessie. :p