Ch.5 Gun Shot and Memories

I got up from where I was sitting. We were once again on the road. I don't really want to get into detail about the lab. Lets just say things blew up.

Rick and the whole crew including Alex we were on the road again. We were on a high way. One with hella cars. We've been on this high for about two days now. We've been trying to find a way forward and not a way back cause we don't have enough fuel.

I looked forward to the sea of abandoned cars. We are probably going to be on this high way longer than we thought. I looked at Rick and he nodded.

Before Shane could speak up I did. "Okay guys look for supplies  gather what you can. Who knows how long we're gonna be here." I looked up to see Shane. "Took the words right out my mouth. Little one." He smiled and walked away.

I smiled slightly and shock my head looking down. I still had my vest and my hand gun with a silencer, with my knife and an extra pistol that Rick gave me. I also still had my rifle.

"Mom can I go with Y/N?" I looked back at Carl. Carl and I got along very well. He was like a little brother I never had the chance to have. Lori looked at me and I nodded. Lori and I got along very well. Carl smiled and walked towards me.

"Y/N do you miss Lauren and your group?" I told him about my old group and Lauren not that long ago. I sighed sadly. "Every day." I said looking into a trunk. I felt a small hand grab mine.

"I'll help you find them. I promise." I smiled and looked down at him. He was just like his father. But before I could say anything I heard Rick.

"Get down! Everyone under the cars." I quickly got Carl under the car and going under with him as well. I put my arm around him covering his mouth. I looked and saw walkers a bunch of them to.

After a couple of minutes I looked around and saw that there wasn't any. But I still waited a couple seconds before I came out with Carl.

Then I heard Sofia's screams. I looked back and saw her getting chased into the woods by two walkers. I quickly told Carl to go out. I went out with him Lori coming out as well as she ran to Carl hugging him and making sure he was okay. She did the same thing with me.

"Rick went after Sofia." I looked towards were they ran. Carol was crying. I sighed. "I'm going after them." I said as I started walking towards were they ran off. 

"I'm going. I'll go see if I can find them. They shouldn't be too far out." I said as I got ready to go but Shane stopped me. "But Y/N we can't have you missing as well what if they come back and you end up not being able to find your way back." He said looking down at me. "I'll fine my way back Shane don't worry. I'll be back."

I silently made my way into the woods.

After who knows how long of trying to follow their trail. I could point out where they went.

"Hey." I jumped slightly quickly turning around to see Daryl and Rick. But no sign of Sofia.

"She's gone. We don't know where she went." Rick said as he looked guilty. "Yea I'm tryin to see if I could follow her tracks. You two better get back. I'm better off alone." Before Rick and I could argue, Daryl already walked off.

I sighed and looked at Rick. "It's not your fault Rick. We'll find her. I don't know how but we will now come on."

***

"Let them enjoy it. We don't see things like every day." I heard Rick say to Shane. Carol and I were admiring a deer. It's so beautiful. I wish I had a camera to capture this moment. I may be seventeen but I still act like a little kid when I want to.