53. Brotherly love pt.2

D E J A

I walked down the hallway and before I turned into the room that was behind the one-way glass, I heard mumbled arguing.

I furrowed my eyebrows before opening the door, "Hey." I spoke up as Riggs sat on a desk with a monitor beside him, he had a drink in his hand.

"Deja," They both spoke in unison, I apparently halted their argument, "Are you guys okay?" I said giving them a curious smile as I set a few files onto a cabinet.

"Uh, yeah.. We were just saying how we don't think Dino's going to talk until his attorney gets here." Riggs said clearing his throat and brushing his curls back.

"Uh, I need to go finish paperwork." Murtaugh said before he left in a hurry.

I sat next to Riggs as we looked at Dino who sat in the next room, alone at a medal table.

I folded my arms over my chest as we watched him, "Something's wrong with his heart, isn't it? And he won't let you tell anyone, especially Trish and I." I said and I felt him look down at me.

"Nothings wrong, alright? He was having pains earlier today so I took him to the doctor and they ran some tests, he's fine though." He said as I looked up at him.

"You can talk to me, Martin. I won't have a heart attack at every little bump in the road." I assured him, unfolding my arms as he rested his hand on my leg.

I placed my hand over his as he slowly leaned down to kiss me, our lips connected and my eyes fluttered closed.

He gently held my jaw in his free hand before someone cleared their throat.

We broke apart to see an angry Trish standing there with her arms crossed over her chest as she tapped her toe impatiently.

"Hey, what's up, Trish?" Riggs smiled.

"Hey, Trish..?" I spoke like a five year old because I knew we were in trouble, I just didn't know what for.

"What a surprise." I smiled awkwardly as I squeezed Riggs' hand because I was nervous.

"Well, I'll tell you what a surprise is. Finding out my daughter and her husband arrested one of my clients." She spoke with annoyance clear in her voice.

"Dino is your client." "Ah." Riggs and I glanced at each other, "Roger said he remembered that name, remember?" I said looking up at Riggs.

"I don't recall." He said and I bit back my smile because he was messing with me.

"How do you forget a young man that I not only defended, but mentored? I put a lot of time into that boy." She said with her vision focused on me.

"And I'll be damned if I let you undo it." She said, laying it down.

"Uh, Trish. I'm not judging your mentoring skills, at all," Riggs started and I cleared my throat and tried to tell him no but he didn't stop, "But the young man did pull a gun, so.." Riggs said and I slightly shook my head, praying she'd have mercy on us.

"Oh, yeah? Well, I saw your little report you filed. If you're lucky, I won't ask the judge to have you two officially apologize before it gets dismissed." She said and I lightly sighed.