15. Julian pt.2

D E J A

"You know," I said as I walked into the kitchen of the Murtaugh residence.

"You nearly gave dad another heart attack yesterday." I said as I walked over towards Raine as she got a bowl of grapes from the fridge.

"Come on, Deja, it's no big deal. Haven't you ever taken any like that?" She asked and I sighed, "No, Rainy, I haven't. You don't want pictures like that floating around the internet." I spoke with one hand on the counter as I called her the nickname that only I call her.

"It's not like I was naked.." "It's not like you were shouting "Respect me." either." I got real honest with her real quick.

"Sharing your body, even in a picture, is a big deal." I spoke quietly.

"So, what? I should just wear a turtle neck everyday?" She snapped at me and I chuckled, "I'm not talking about your clothes, I'm talking about your choices." I said and she gave me an annoyed look.

"If you don't respect your body, boys won't either. I'm just asking you to be smart, and think beyond this moment." I smiled.

She slowly nodded before I hugged her, I kissed her curly hair before telling her I had to jet.

I had a lead that I was going to follow alone, because I asked.

While Murtaugh questioned Dylan and Riggs did who knows what.

--

"Deja? Is that you?" I heard a familiar accent and I turned to see Julian walking up his front steps with a briefcase.

"Julian, hi." I smiled at him.

He walked over and hugged me tightly as we stood on his porch, where I've been waiting in the sun.

He breathed deeply before we broke apart, "How've you been? Come inside, please." He said happily as he opened his door for me.

"Man, it's been awhile, hasn't it?" He chuckled as he walked into his huge, fancy house.

I looked around at the tall ceilings and the expensive furniture.

"Since yesterday at the party." I sighed, he slowed down as he took off his jacket and gave me a strange look, "Party? What are you talking about?" He said in a surprised tone.

"Come on, Julian. I saw you, you saw me." I said with my arms folded over my chest.

"No, I'm sorry- you must be confused." "Here's the thing Julian, I'm here investigating a homicide. A 19-year-old girl who goes by Nina Clausen." I spoke seriously.

"I think Ashworth is involved and I'm hoping your not." I said and he sighed.

"Please, take a seat." He offered and I sat on his leather couch.

"So why'd you run away from me yesterday?" I asked as he handed me a glass of something with ice.

I just set in on a coaster, focusing on him.

"I don't know. Those parties... Those people... I didn't want you to think I was a part of that scene." He said as he sat on the other side of the couch with his arm draped over the back of it as he faced me.