OutOfMyLimit17 Presents: Sneak Peek into The Hidden Shadow

Start from the beginning

I think I was maybe 13 when I realized that my 'father' was basically a mafia/gang boss. He sold in drugs, weapons, had men working for him but he wasn't technically classified as a mafia boss. My father liked being in control of everything and everyone. I wasn't even sure myself what to call him and his 'business'. Byron Wright was just a dangerous man that no one wanted to cross.

The first 7 years that I came to live with Byron was actually pretty pleasant, surprisingly. From being on the streets to living in a mansion was a change for me but things could have been worse. At first Byron was nice to me, making sure I ate, had plenty of clothes, made sure I had anything I could want. You could almost say he treated me like the daughter he had always wanted. He even legally changed my last name to Wright after him.

After months had passed of me living there and getting acquainted with the maids and routine of living in an actual home Byron started being gone more and more. At first I was fine because I wasn't use to having a father figure around often anyways, but as I grew and the more I was left alone I wanted Byron to be around. I wanted to actually have that father-daughter experience.

My routine had consisted of going to school, coming home to do homework, eat dinner by myself or with the cook and maids, then go up to my room to read and sleep. That was my routine until I turned 15. Apparently that was when Byron thought it was time to make me useful. Time to make me into what he wanted to do with me in the first place.

My training was nothing short of painful. I trained for hours upon hours learning every technique you could think of. I was taught by the best of the best in each skill. I learned how to punch correctly, how to take a man out without a weapon, how to kill someone with only one shot. I learned how to shoot every type of weapon available as well knifes and how to throw them.

Because I wanted Byron to be proud of me and to show him that taking me in wasn't a mistake I put everything into my training. Even when I was exhausted and wanted to lay down I kept going. At times I did want to give up but Byron was always right there yelling at me to continue. He worked me until I was numb to everything. Because I wanted him to love me I became the best assassin he could have dreamed of.

All I would do is get up at 4 in the morning to train until 7 o'clock before school, and when I got home from school I trained again from 1:30 to 5 o'clock with no breaks. After a quick dinner I was back at it again; like clockwork. This was my new routine for the next two years.

I was 17 when I killed someone for the first time. Because I picked up all these skills so fast my father thought it was time to take me on my first job. At the time I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. Over the last 2 years of training I had finally learned the truth about my father and the type of business he did. I just hadn't clued in just yet that I was just bred to be a killer. I guess a part of me just pushed the idea away every time it popped up because I didn't want to believe it. I had wished, hoped, that this was just something I did to pass time and to make sure I was capable of protecting myself if anything bad happened. And boy was I wrong.

I was anything but an average 17 year old, instead I was trained to assassinate people. While normal teenagers were off at football games, parties, or at the mall with their best friends; I was home learning how to slice a mans throat with dental floss. I envied the girls at school that boyfriends and tons of friends, how they got invited to all these parties.

I did have friends, back before I changed. When I first entered the new school after being taken in by Byron I was scared and had tried to make myself invisible. I was behind all the other students because it had been a good year or so since I even went to school. It did make me the odd one out as well being the 'new kid'. But there was this one girl that just had to be my friend. No matter what others said she came up to me one day at the swings and just started talking to me. From that moment on we were friends.