4thpowermama Presents: More Than This

More Than This

4thpowermama

Hi guys! I hope you are enjoying the Block Party so far, and thanks so much for checking out my post! I'm 4thpowermama, also known as Cynthia, and I am about to celebrate my Wattpad 1st birthday. I can't think of a better present than to be able to participate in this Block Party Winter Edition. I have already made some amazing connections here with other writers, it is a fantastic community.

My current work is called More Than This, and it centers around the tangled relationships of three high school students: Garrett, Matt and Amber. For my post, I wanted to go back in time and watch as they meet for the first time, the first day of senior year in high school. Garrett and Amber have strong opinions about the year ahead. Their cast picture along with their chapter "theme song" is listed as well.

 Their cast picture along with their chapter "theme song" is listed as well

More Than This – Bonus Chapter

Prologue: Day One

The first day of school is always the same. It doesn't matter what school you go to, or how many places you have lived. All these damn schools are identical. As I am walking up to the school building, the first day of my senior year and the fourth high school I have attended, I can tell that this f-ing place is a cheap copy of every messed up mini-society of want-to-be adults I have seen. These idiots think they are special, smarter or more experienced than everyone else their age. Well, I can tell you from experience that they are just the same f-ed up assholes that make up every other high school.

Do I sound pissed?

I am. I hate this BS, and I don't think I can stand another entire year of it.

I head up the steps to the main building, which is made of actual bricks, like it's a freaking ivy league institution, and I look around at the loitering student body. Every typical stereotype was represented: cheerleaders hanging on jocks, nerds with their books, tough guys with their freaking leather jackets. And then there was me- none of the above.

School was never a problem for me. I always did fine and grades took hardly any of my effort. You just had to spew back whatever the teacher preached and you were good. Keep quiet and they left you alone, as long as you turned in your work. I had decoded the system right away, I had to. My survival in high school depended on two things; teachers leaving me alone, and keeping my hood up no matter where I was.