OutOfMyLimit17 Presents: Sneak Peek into The Hidden Shadow

Hello everyone! For those that don't know me I am OutOfMyLimit17. This is my third time being apart of this block party and this year is going to be the best one yet. So many great authors are apart of this! I want to say thank you to Kelly for letting me apart of this again! 

I know it is Valentine's Day and I should post a love, sappy, cheesy, romantic kind of post but instead I decided we should go the opposite route; dark, violent, mature instead. This is a sneak peek into my new story I have recently started. It is called "The Hidden Shadow". This is my first time writing something darker so bare with me here :)

This story is up and running on my page so if you do like what you read below than feel free to head over and start reading! I do want to warn you it has mature content! But if you don't mind that then go right ahead!

Below is a blurb about what the story is about so you know what is going on....

What would you do if you were trained to be a killer? That the person you thought loved you was actually using you for a weapon? Jessie Wright thought her life couldn't get any worse as she lived on the streets but that all changed when an unknown man found her and took her in. At the age of 8 she had no clue that the man who became her father was someone you did not mess with. With a mafia boss as your father you are bound to become apart of the family business. Once Jessie was 15 years old her life changed from being a regular teenage girl to being a weapon. Being taught how to use every weapon available on the market as well as things around the house; Jessie become the thing her father wanted her to be, a killer. Now at 25 she has assassinated more people then she can remember. But what happens when one job becomes too much and Jessie says no for the first time. What happens when she goes against her father's wishes? What happens when the last person she thought would save her does? What does she do then?

So without further ado here is a sneak peek into "The Hidden Shadow"...

* * * * * *

The sound of metal chains echoed around me as I let loose swing after swing. My shoulders ached and my arms felt like jello but I kept going. Sweat poured off my face and rolled down my shoulder blades soaking the sports bra I had on. I had my hair pulled high on my head in a messy bun, a few pieces breaking free and sticking to my face.

The gloves I wore pounded the bag and the slight vibration from the hits went up my arms. I was oblivious to everything around me as I continued on punching the bag. It swung slightly as I hit it but the 100 pound bag didn't budge from it's spot. While I assaulted the punching bag my thoughts drifted to my father.

All I really wanted was his approval. I wanted him to be proud of me even if what I did was something I hated. Everyone wanted their parents to be proud of them and to show it. Even if it was a smile when they got an A on a test, or a pat on the back for scoring a touch down at a football game. The only time I remember ever getting an praise from my father was my first kill. He gave me a nod and squeeze on the shoulder for a mill-a-second before walking away.

It wasn't like I didn't think he loved me, I'm pretty sure he did in his own way, but most of the time I think I am just a weapon to him. A weapon he created and can use anyway he wants. He knows people are scared of me and what I can do so he uses that to his advantage a lot. I did love him and was grateful he took me in but of course like every other kid out there I hated him. There was a thin line between love and hate. I guess being taught at the age of 15 to be a killer did that to you.

I was 15 when the training started. Before that I was your average 15 year old that just happened to live with a bunch of gang members and had a powerful man as a father. I spent 7 years having nothing to do with what my father did, he had me stay out of it but like every kid I was curious about what he did when he would make me stay in my room while he did 'business'.