Mxsfxtstyles Presents: American Beauty Sneak Preview - b e f o r e

(Theme songs for this chapter are:

Someone New // Banks
All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye // John Mayer
All I Want Is You // Miguel)

 Someone New // Banks All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye // John Mayer All I Want Is You // Miguel)

*Her POV*

I once read a poem titled "The Kiss" by Michael Faudet.

"Crashing waves on an empty beach
the rhythm of our hearts,
two drowning lovers lost at sea,
my lips adrift in yours."

That's how love makes me feel sometimes. It excites me but at the same time, I feel like I'm drowning in it; being consumed by it. It's overwhelming but it's also addictive.

The most extraordinary thing about all of it is, I'm not going through it alone, because the one that I love is right there beside me; drowning in my love for him, just as I am drowning in his love for me. And every time our lips connect and move together rhythmically, I feel like I'm drowning all over again. But I love that feeling; I crave that feeling.

Casey and I can be two hopeless romantics lost at sea and drown in each others kisses all the while, listen to the beat of our hearts pound against our chests. I continue to think about that poem as I play with the buttons on his shirt, my head rested against his chest as I listen to the thump of his heart.

We had been swinging on the hammock in my backyard for thirty minutes, watching the sky as the sun went down across the horizon. The sky a breathtaking contrast of pink, purple, and orange.

"If you could be in any place in the world right now, where would you be?" I ask, still fiddling with the buttons on his shirt.

He hummed as he thought about my question. He clearly didn't know where he'd go exactly, but he told me once that he's always wanted to travel to places around the world. "I don't have a clue where I'd go Ella," He says after a while, "just some place nice."

"And where is 'some place nice' exactly?" I question him curiously, biting my lip as I meet his gaze.

"Ella, it's not the environment that makes a place nice, it's the person you're with that can make wherever you are, the most beautiful place on earth." He explains.

"You still haven't answered my question Case."

"You."

"What does traveling to any place in the world have to do with me?"

He chuckles deeply and begins stroking my hair, "Because you are my some place nice," He pauses, "and it's because of you, that it's my favourite place in the world. So if I could explore any place in the world, it's you that I wouldn't mind exploring."

I laugh and stop playing with the buttons on his shirt, pressing kisses up and down his neck between every word I say, "That sounded cheesy, romantic, and risqué all at the same time."

He chuckles again and presses his lips against mine. Suddenly I feel like I'm drowning again, but I don't pull back from the kiss to stop it. Instead, I let it embrace and consume me; I didn't want to stop drowning, it was a feeling I knew and craved all too well. "You really need to stop seducing me Ella." He mumbles against my lips.

I prop myself up on one elbow, resting my forehead against his, "And if I choose not to?"

"Well then I might just explore my favourite place in the world right now." He growls.

I hum and giggle, "I'd like that very much," I whisper, pecking his lips, "but I believe we're being watched right now, and you can't explore me when we have company."

"You guys need to get a room before you make me vomit." Jess groans.

Casey laughs and looks over at her, just as she comes out from the shadows of the patio. "Having a pleasant night Jess?" He asks.

She folds her arms and walks over to us lying in the hammock, "I was having a splendid night, but then I came outside to use the fire pit with my boyfriend who's waiting inside, and accidentally walked into your little conversation."

"We could go inside if you guys want?" I suggest.

She nods and bites her lip, "Please?"

I nod in return, "Of course." I look down at Casey and whisper in his ear, "To be continued upstairs."

He chuckles and helps me out of the hammock. We walk back inside, passing Blake in the kitchen. We awkwardly lock eyes briefly, but I tear my eyes away seconds later and follow closely behind Casey to the front hall, feeling Blake's eyes burn on my skin as he continues to stare at me.

Casey and I stop in the front hall, just by the staircase. "Why are we stopping?" I question him, frowning.

He cups my face with his hands and pecks my lips, "Tonight's been great but I think it's time I leave."

I rest my hands on top of his and sigh, "So I guess this story really is a 'to be continued'."

He chuckles and presses his lips against my forehead, letting go of my face moments later. "Trust me sweetheart," He says, wrapping his leather jacket around his upper body, "it will be, but not when your best friend's got her boyfriend over, and they're both within earshot of hearing us."

I open the front door and he walks out in front of me, but stops and turns around, pressing his lips against mine one more time, "Goodnight Ella." He whispers against my lips.

I hum, a smile turning up on my lips as the words tumble out of his mouth. "Goodnight Casey."

***

Thank you so much again Kelly for including me in this year's Block Party! I'm extremely excited for February and can't wait to see the works of other authors (including your own).

Have a lovely day,

Ellie

***********

P.S. Don't forget to enter the 130+ #WattpadBlockParty Giveaways! Clickable links are at the top of my Wattpad profile! :)

GIVEAWAY LINK ONE:

http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2017/01/giveaways-for-wattpad-block-party_31.html

GIVEAWAY LINK TWO (with Widgets):

http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2017/01/giveaways-with-widgets-for-wattpad.html