Chapter 25: Friday night

Start from the beginning

“Excuse me, coming through,” Roxette said, as she dodged the way of the people in front of us.

When we got near, I just realized that Michael was tuning a guitar on stage. When he saw us he waved and gave us a smile.

“So awesome you guys made it!” Michael whispered when we were at the stage.

“Of course. Now go rock this stage,” Roxette spoke then led me away from the stage. Michael nodded and gave us a thumbs up.

“Come on, let’s watch from here,” Roxette then made her way through the crowd to get to the place where it faces the center of the stage.

I looked around and saw some people who just happened to walk by and some are from my school.

Roxette said something but her voice was drowned out by the sound of someone using a microphone.

“Hello! Thank you for coming The Veranda and we have a special guest for you!!!! Welcome, 5 Seconds of Summer!!” the man in a tacky suit, probably the mall manager, announced. Then the stage lights went on and crazy and there was the sound of a guitar strumming.

The crowd applauded and cheered. Roxette jumped and clapped. I just stood there clapping my hands.

An unfamiliar song started and Luke sang. He was feeling it.

“Aren’t they good?” a random girl next to me told me. She was singing and dancing along as the boys sang. I didn’t want to be rude or anything so I forced out a smile and said, “Yeah. They’re cool,”

Everyone around me was either singing or nodding their heads to the song. I guess I’m just in the worst mood that’s why I couldn’t appreciate them right now. I sighed.

………..

“Last song for tonight, this one’s for you, lovely people!” Calum yelled into the mic. Three songs and this song then they’re gonna be done for the night. There were still a lot of people inside the mall. I guess everyone had the same plans for Friday night.

“Hey Teddy, I’m just gonna go buy your mini donuts and I will be right back,” Roxette told me then disappeared with the crowd. I didn’t even have the chance to tell her to buy six bags.

I diverted my attention back to the stage where Luke just made a flying kick with his guitar.With that, the crowd went wild.

The song continued until it’s finished. “Thank you and good night!!!” Michael shrieked into the microphone. Michael then waved and so the rest of the boys. Too bad Roxette missed this.

The crowd dispersed in like five minutes but there were still lots of people loitering around the atrium. The people around me went off so I was left standing in the middle of the atrium with mall employees clearing up the audience area.

I moved from my place and looked for Roxette. How long can a person buy two measly bags of donuts?

“Come on, Roxette. I don’t wanna look stupid here,” I muttered to myself as my eyes linger from one person to another.

Suddenly it got colder where I was standing, probably because the crowd around me had scattered. I rubbed my arm up and down to get rid of the coldness.

Okay, that’s it. I’m going to the donut shop to see if Roxette’s stuck there because of the long lines. I’m not gonna stay here and look aloof.

I walked to Lil Orbits Mini Donuts stall and saw no line. It was just a woman behind the stall, looking bored.

I walked over and put on a smile, “Hi. Excuse me, have you by any chance seen a girl with very short hair?”