Chapter 12: Finally!

Luke’s POV

Brrrr. Why is it so chilly? I shivered and snuggled to my jacket some more. My stomach’s grumbling again. Why did I eat everything all at once?

I opened my eyes to see that we’re still out in the forest. I glanced at Teddy, who was still asleep.

I got up to stretch a little bit. It’s so dark out. The only light we have is the moon. It’s going to be hard looking for them.

I decided to walk around for a while. There were just trees and trees and plants and plants and soil and soil and I’m sure there are animals out here.

I sighed. If only we were lost in a public place and not in a forest. It reminds me of those scary movies like Cabin in the Woods, Blair Witch Project and such stuff. I quivered at the thought.

It also reminded me of the movie that kept me awake at night, which is The Woods Have Eyes. Probably why I woke up already. Everything gives me the creeps here.

I went back to where I left Teddy and found her awake and fiddling with her jacket.

“I thought you left me here” she giggled nervously. Her legs were lying still in front of her. Her ankle seems to be throbbing.

I smiled at her. “Wanna get moving now?”

She nodded and lifted her arms so I could carry her on my back, just like before. Her arms around me and me carrying her weight with the back of her knees.

So we were walking in silence then Teddy let out a cough. I guess the silence was driving her nuts too.

“Can you sing me a song?” Teddy asked as she dropped her chin on my shoulder.

I’m actually having a hard time belting out a tune with someone on my back, but I’d still do it.

“What song?”

She was quiet for a moment. Probably thinking of a song. “Hero by Enrique Iglesias”

I nodded then I hummed the tune in my head.

Would you dance? If I asked you to dance?

Would you run? And never look back.

Would you cry if you saw me crying? Would you save my soul tonight?

Would you tremble if I touched your lips? Would you laugh, oh please tell me this.

Now would you die for the one you love?

Hold me in your arms tonight.

Then Teddy joined me.

I can be your hero baby, I can kiss away the pain.

I will stand by you forever, You can take my breath away.

I smiled. The last time I did this, it was with…

“You sound really good” Teddy complimented. I was half glad, half annoyed that she interrupted me while I was reminiscing something.

“Thanks. You don’t sound bad yourself.” I joked.

“Hey! I’ll have you know that I belong to our school’s choir.”

I don’t want to tell her this but I hate the school choir. I don’t know why.

“I hope they find us now. I can’t take it anymore.” She said calmly.

“They’ll find us don’t worry.” I assured her.