Chapter 33: White balloons or yellow?

Chapter 33

3 DAYS BEFORE PROM

Roxette zipped up my dress and put her hands on my shoulders and smiled. "You're so gorgeous."

It was three days before prom and we were trying on dresses. Roxette insisted that I go with her so she can get criticism.

"So should I wear this instead?" I turned around and grinned. I was wearing a dusty rose mermaid dress with a sweetheart neckline. I feel like I'm joining Miss Universe.

Roxette shook her head, "Nuh-uh, you're gonna wear the dress Carr sent you. You look divine in that one!". Roxette jokingly pushed me aside so she can admire herself in the full length mirror.

"What about this?" She twirled. Roxette was wearing a white dress with frills at the bottom. It has spaghetti straps.

I tapped my chin with my fingers, "I don't know. That looks like something Madonna would wear."

Roxette smiled wider, "Then maybe I'll get this!" she twirled again and I smiled. I went back inside the fitting room and twirled too.

I finally decided to attend prom. I don't know why it took me so long to come to a decision. Prom is not a big deal. Every teen in the world experiences this. Besides, I would be really busy with the program flow. I wouldn't even notice the time.

I heard a knock on my door, "Hurry up and get out of that dress! I need to go to Karimadon!!" Roxette's muffled voice said.

After what felt like two hours, we were now sitting in the food court, sipping Jamba Juice. I ordered our favorite, red gummy.

"Did Luke tell you if he found a guy yet?" two hours in three different stores and the only dress that Roxette is considering is the outrageous Madonna prom dress. It's gonna be a long night folks.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I cannot answer her verbally. I finished my sip and replied, "I don't know. He never updates me about it. And I've got bigger things to think about."

"Like what?". Prom is in three days and tomorrow is the last day of finalizing everything. Tomorrow all of the people in the prom committee is going to work all day to decorate the school gym, recruit teacher-chaperones, sell tickets and awareness and order the crowns. The past few weeks before finals week were spent preparing, visualizing, consulting, buying, fitting, reserving, and deciding.

 On the day itself, everyone would be focusing on themselves.

"I still have to talk to the food committee to make sure everything's going to arrive on time." I sighed. It's a lot of work but it will be a breeze if everyone's going to participate for the next two days.

Roxette sipped the remaining juice and set it down the table, "Okay, you do that while I make sure we arrive at the salon for our appointments on the day of the prom. We want to look our best when they call my name for prom queen." She winked at me.

Speaking of prom queen, only 3 girls were nominated for the crown. As for the prom king, Luke is included in the list. I heard that Calum entered his name as a joke. But I can already see him winning the title.

"But you're not on the list, I checked." You have to be nominated by at least 20 people to get on the list so no wonder if the popular girls are in it.

Roxette made a face, "I was just kidding you know!! I'm not expecting to win but I expect that I would look ravishing on that night so don't be late."

I laughed and checked my wristwatch, "Welp, 6:30 already, I must go back to school and check the gym for the décor visualization." I stood up and waited for Roxette to gather her things.