Chapter 10...

~TOBIAS' POV~

I wake up to my alarm clock going off. I lean over and turn it off. 2:01 AM. Today's the day. Today is the day I get to start my life with Tris, forever. I smile and get up and shower. My last shower. I try to make it last, because I don't know how it will be on the other side. When I get out it's 2:23. I want to get to the Hancock building by at least 3AM. I get out and put on my favorite pair of jeans, and sneakers, my black t-shirt, and that terrible smelling hoodie, then I head out. Before I leave, I look back one last time. So many memories in that room that will die with me.

I wish I had something that could die with me. Something I can hold on to on the way down. I think Caleb might have taken the box that I threw all of Tris' things in. I walk down the hall to his room and bang on the door until he answers. When he does, he looks really tired, and a bit mad.

"What the hell are you doing banging on my door at 2:30 in the morning?" he asks. I walk around him and into his room. When I turn on the light I see Cara laying down on his bed slowly waking up. When she sees me she almost jumps out of her skin, but then gets up and walks over to Caleb. He puts an arm around her waist. "What do you need, and why couldn't it wait until later?"

"Did you take the box?" I ask, straight forward.

"What box?"

"Tris' box! Do you have Tris' box!?" I ask again, frustrated.

"Yeah," he says, walking over to the other side of his bed. He bends over, and when he comes back up he has the box in his hands. "Here it-," he gets cut off by me taking the box out of his hands and put it on his bed. "Is," he says completing his sentence.

I dig through the box. Just a bunch of clothes, but not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the picture. The picture of me and Tris. I look in all the pockets and just end up dumping the whole thing on the bed.

"What are you looking for?" asks Cara.

"Where's the picture of me and Tris," I ask, looking at the clock. 2:40. I begin pacing, I'm going to be late. I mentally smile. Late for my suicide. Keeping it classy. 

Caleb walks over to his night stand and pulls it out of his drawer. He's handing it to me but right before I take it he pulls it away right before I take it.

"Why do you need this at almost 3AM?" he asks. Very hesitantly, as if he's worried about giving this to me.

"I can't sleep so I'm going to go on a walk, maybe even go ziplining," I say, mentally high-fiving myself. He hands it over to me and I walk out of the room. Once I hear the door click, I full out sprint outside and to the truck that I know have full ownership of. I start to engine and begin to drive away. I put the picture on the seat next to me and I look it at. I'm kissing Tris' cheek, and today, for the first time in almost three years, I get to do it again.

~CALEB'S POV~

"Let's go back to bed," Cara says yawning, and pulling me back to the bed. I go back with her, but when we get there, I don't lay down. "What's wrong?" I sit next to her on the bed.

"I need to leave," I say. "Just this morning. I have to find out where Tobias is going."

"He said he was going ziplining," she says, laying back down and getting comfortable. 

"Cara, since when does Tobias enjoy ziplining? He's terrified of heights." This gets her attention, and she sits upright. "Something isn't right here, and I need to figure out what he's going to do. I'm going to go follow him, and pray all he's doing is going on a walk."

"I'm going with you," she says, getting up. I take her hands and pull her back down.

"No, you can't. Someone needs to say here and cover for me if I'm gone too long. If we're both gone, people will start asking questions and go out looking for us. Only we know where Tobias is going, and the last thing he needs right now is a whole entourage of people hovering over him. He's really stressed out, and I just don't want anthing bad happen to him." She nods her head and I throw on a pair of pants and a jacket, since I was already wearing a t-shirt and boxers.