Chapter 9

~TOBIAS'S POV~

"Are you with me because you miss Tris?" Christina asks out of the blue. No, no, no, no, no. This can't be happening. I was being so careful so that I wouldn't show any signs. I just stand there, my mouth moving and nothing coming out. Well I just blew it. Completly blew it. She just shakes her head and lets go of my hand. "I thought you cared."

"I do care," I say, trying to grab her hand again. She pulls away.

"Then how come you hesitated to answer?" I roll my eyes. I gotta play along or else I'll be alone with no one. Again.

"Your going to be one of those girls?" Well that didn't come out as planned. I just screwed it up, a lot. I might as well just piss her off so I don't have to se her again. I know it's a bad move, but I honestly don't care about her. Like at all. I needed someone in my life to keep me busy, but this obviously isn't going to work, so might as well just mess it up like I do with everything else. Mess it up.

"One of those girls?" she says, repeating my words.

"Those girls that freak out when their boyfriends take a few seconds to answer." She stays silent before she answers.

"Did you call yourself my boyfriend?" Why did she have to say that? That is almost word for word what Tris said after Eric caught her. But unlike then, it's going to be a different answer.

"I did, but I don't want to be. You're right, I'm only with you because I miss Tris! I need a replacement because I'm a lonely piece of shit not living life! I'm alone and I have no one! I don't want anyone except Tris, and I thought if I could even try to replace her that I'd be happy again! But you definitley did not replace her! You're nothing compared to her and it was stupid for me to even try because she's irreplacable! So if you could do me a favor and just stay out of my damn life, it would be well appreciated!" She's in tears, but I don't care. I miss Tris too much to care.

"Then do me a favor and stay out of my damn life to, asshole. I can't believe that I thought you liked me. Get out!" she screams, pointing at the door. I go without another word and run to my room and sit down on my bed and just break down.

I cry for who know how long. I can't catch my breath, I have a headache, and my bed is drenched. When I'm finally brave enough to open my eyes, I see Tris' bed with no sheets on it. I get up fast, making me dizzy, but I make sure it doesn't effect me. Blinking the tears out of my eyes, I go over to her dresser to see it empty. All of her stuff is gone, because of me. I threw it in a box, and I don't even know where that is anymore. I fall onto my knees, then lay on the ground and curl up in a ball and just cry. I'm pathetic without Tris. I really just need her to be with me, because I have nothing left. I barely talk to Zeke and Caleb, and  I can forget about Christina. All I have left is my mom who I don't even talk to. I might as well just kill myself. I have nothing, and I'd be with Tris if I did. 

I'm going to do it. Tomorrow morning, early so no one will see me leave. I'm going to go ziplining, whitout a harness, which is basically clipping the line to the collar of my shirt. If I don't fall, I'll choke to death.

"Tris, don't worry. I will be with you soon," I say, trying to catch my breath. "I promise."

~TRIS'S POV~

After hearing what Will said to me, I rushed to Tobias to only see him making out with Christina, but not for long. They soon break up, and before I know it, they're getting into a huge fight. This is what Will was talking about. He doesn't want Christina to get hurt, and I don't wan Tobias to get hurt, but it looks like we were both too late.

"No one cane replace Tris," Tobias says. Well he says a lot more, but I'm trying not to pay attention. I guess in his eyes I can't be replaced. I smile a little, but it soon fades when Will comes in, and they're still fighting.