Chapter 8

~TRIS'S POV~

I wasn't able to fall asleep last night after what went down with Tobias, even though he didn't know what went down. I'm sure he does now though. I wen't to Caleb last night and told him everything in a dream. I feel terrible that I had to do that last night, but it's time for him to move on, and the first step is for me to back off.

Last night, I didn't sleep in Tobias' room, on my bed. No, I slept on a couch in the tattoo parlor. Well, not sleep, more like laid on my back and stared at the ceiling, fighting back tears. As I'm still looking up at the ceiling, hoping Tobias is alright, Will runs in. Right when he sees me he doubles over trying to catch his breath. I get up really fast, blurring my vision and making me dizzy. Once I gain my barings again, I help him over to a chair so he can sit down. It seems like he's been running for hours. When he can talk without gasping for air, he begins to tell me why he;s so out of breath.

"I have been looking for you for hours," he says, still semi-gasping. Well I was right that he has been running for hours.

"Why have you been looking for me? And why didn't you just ask Al or Nando, because they both knew I was here," I say.

"How was I suppose-to know that?!" I shrug. "I ran into them down the hall and they led me here."

"So why have you been running for hours?" I ask again.

"It's Tobias," he says , and my heart sinks. He knows that I'm going to stop visiting him, and he's probably not taking it well.

"He knows about what I said to Caleb and he's mad," I say.

"I have no idea what you said to Caleb, but he tackeled Tobias this morning. They kept calling each other bastards, and they both looked a bit pissed off." I had no clue it would get that out of hand. How could Tobias be that mad at me though? I guess I underestimated his love for me. I always thought I was the one that loved him more, but I guess I was really wrong.

"Did anything else happen?"

"Well, once they both calmed down, Caleb told him that you came into his dreams and told you how you weren't going to talk to him anymore. I guess that just turned him off so he wen't back into the room and threw all of your stuff into a box and stormed out. I followed him and he found Christina and just started full out making out with her in her apartment. He told her he was moving on, but he said it with a lot of pain in his eyes." I don't even know what to say to that. Then he takes a deep breath, he's not done. "There's nothing else," he says. Now he's probably going to yell at me. "Why the hell did you do that Tris? Now Christina is his rebound because of what you did! Did you even think about asking me about it before you did this?!"

"I thought you agreed because you wanted Christina to be happy with Tobias? I thought you loved her!"

"I DO LOVE HER! WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING! I WANTED HER TO BE HAPPY, THAT'S WHY I AGREED TO THIS! SHE'S NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY WHEN SHE FIGURES OUT SHE'S A REBOUND! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD NOT ONLY DO THIS TO THE PERSON I LOVE, BUT TO THE PERSON YOU LOVE TO!" He gets up and walks to the door. Before he walks out he looks back. "You better fix this shit or else I can get you sent over to the other side, permanent."  Then he storms out.

Well I guess everyone hates me today. Especially the man I love. I'm going to have to fix that, tonight. I his dreams. This will be interesting.

~CALEB'S POV~ (A/N: I thought I'd try it out)

I can't believe Tobias just did that. He's going to regret all of it. I've been looking for him for the past hour and now I give up. I go back to the room and I grab the box and I bring it back to my room. I set it down on my bed and sit next to it.  I just stare at it. I haven't thought of Tris in so long because I'm afraid that I will cry. I've been forcing myself to forget about her, but I can't. So I've just been pretending for almost three years that he death has't affected me. I've convinced everyone that I don't care, which was my goal. I mean wouldn't you be convinced? I basically betrayed her and my family and let her die for me. I'd be convinced.