5. Chapter

Killua's P.O.V

Walking. More walking. I don't know how long we have been walking for. Gon has been very quiet. I wonder if something is wrong. I hope it's not about what happened last night. I don't want it to effect the way we are around each other... I want to be able to travel with him again, like we did before. I really missed traveling with Gon and I want to keep traveling together, and have fun.

"Gon..." I slowly said, trying to at least just get his attention and he answered back a little after.

"Mhm?"

"Nevermind...". I didn't know what else to say, and it seems like the same for Gon. He doesn't say anything after that and just looks in another direction than where I am. It makes me sad that he won't talk to me at all. Breakfast was super awkward too. None of us talked or looked at each other. Maybe this was a bad idea. 

"I'm sorry"

What he said just suddenly came out of the blue. I stop and look back at Gon . He has stopped too and is now standing a little away from me.

"What?" I asked again to be sure that I heard right the first time and he answers the same. "I'm sorry"

"What are you saying sorry for?" I ask since I don't really know what he is apologizing for. 

"For everything I have done" He answered, and now I'm even more confused than before. Everything I have done? What does he mean by that?

"Um... it's okay?"

"Killua you don't get it!" He yells and I can see that small tears are starting to form in his eyes. Gon is crying. Why is he crying?!

"G-Gon--"

"NO! Killua I'm sorry for everything back then!". And then it hits me right in the face. Back at that time. Gon is talking about the time when we fought the ants.  I thought I never had to think about that time again. It was one of the worst things we both ever have been through together and it is still something there gets back to me sometimes, even if I don't want to think about it.

Gon starts talking again and I just listen to his words.

"What I did and said was wrong... I was a stupid child, thinking I could do anything without anybody's help, but I couldn't! You were always there!... In the end... I couldn't even save myself and I'm sorry"

His tears have slowly been falling to the ground and I just look at him. I don't know how to react, but my body moves on its own and I embrace him. Hold him close and he soon hugs me back. Here we stand, two guys in the middle of nothing, holding each other. My cheeks fast start burning up when I realize how long we have been hugging. We have never hugged like this before and his body is so close to mine. I look at Gon's face to see if he is thinking the same and he smiles at me.

"Is that your way of telling me you forgive me?" he giggles a little, and I let go of him fast.

"B-Baka! O-of course I forgive you!". I sigh and start walking again. At least I now know the reason for why it had been so awkward between us since this morning. I look towards at the forest we are about to inter and then look back at Gon.

"What?" He smiles back at me and I shake my head. "Nothing you baka..."

What am I going to do with myself and this guy. I have no idea. Where ever the future is taking me, I'm ready for it.

"Last one in the middle of the forest is a rotten egg!!" Gon says and fast runs past me into the forest. "HEY!! That was unfair!" and I fast run after while smiling. I guess things won't go that bad being with him again after all.