Romar's Princess (Tom Riddle) 6

Tom’s POV

Vanlanthiriel and I were walking through the forest to the lake. I had never been there before, and hadn’t really cared to go, but I wanted to be with Vanlanthiriel.

I guess deep down inside, I knew we wouldn’t work out, but she was nice company. She was different from most other people. Innocent, I guess you could say. But no matter, she was from a completely different world than me. And I wasn’t sure if I wanted to have someone to share my power with anyway.

Never the less, she was a beautiful girl, and it was just a simple crush.

“Tom, look!”

This whole time she had been parading around me: laughing and giggling and running around. Some part of me just wanted her to shut up and come hold my hand again, but then another part was happy to see her happy.

As she went over to a tree and got up on her tip toes to look at a chipmunk, that’s when it hit me. That’s why I was so drawn to this girl: she was free. She was happy and innocent and pure and free. Everything that I wasn’t, or never would be. All thanks to my stupid mother and father. My mother was stupid, and just had to be in love with some stupid muggle. It was disgusting. I have to go my whole life now, as a mudblood. A half-breed. And this girl in front of me didn’t have to deal with any of that. Didn’t have to worry about anything. Even if she was a muggle, she didn’t have to worry about being mixed and disgusting like I did.

“Tooom! Come on!” She yelled as she skimmed down through the trees.

I followed silently behind her, never taking my hands from behind my back.

“Do you wanna hold him, Tom?” She asked, holding the chipmunk up in her hand that I had neglected to see a moment before. As soon as she held it up, though, the chipmunk scurried up her arm and onto her shoulder, away from me.

I smirked as I said, “I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”

She frowned as she got the chipmunk off of her shoulder- much to his dismay- and held it up in front of her. “That’s strange,” She mumbled.

“Not really, animals and I don’t really get along.”

When I said that the chipmunk hopped out of her hands and ran away. She watched it go with a frown on her face and her eyebrows furrowed.

After a minute or two she looked back at me and said, “Oh well, come on! We haven’t even got to the waterfall yet!”

Then she grabbed my hand and started skipping. I didn’t mind though, I was just glad she was holding my hand again.

------------------------------

“Do you know what my name means?” Vanlanthiriel asked me as we were sitting on a rock on the edge of a lake.

“No.” I replied.

“Beautiful waterfall,” She whispered. I looked over at her as she mumbled, “My mother named me,”

“Where is she?” I asked.

She got a faraway look in her eyes as she said, “She died when I was ten.”

This surprised me. Even though I had never seen Vanlanthiriel’s mother before, I had never thought she would have died. I knew that no one here really past away unless it was from old age. That’s just how peaceful it is here.

“How?”

She got a hurt look then and turned away from me. I hadn’t meant to pry on her life, I just wanted to know. Someone being murdered here was rare-if it even happened at all- and I wanted to know how she died if not from old age.

“I don’t know.” She whispered.

“What? How could you not know?”

“I just don’t know!” She screamed at me before getting up and running away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Go check out my other story Forgotten Mates if you like werewolf stories please!