Romar's Princess (Tom Riddle) 3

Tom's POV

Three days I've been here. This place was rather different from my world. It seemed there was no.. drama that happened here. Everyone just seemed so happy. And it never rained. Not once. Never a cloud in the sky. Oh well. I'd be here for three months and the occasional visit. Like I cared.

I've only seen Vanlanthiriel at the dinners. I had expected her to sit next to her father, the King, but she didn't. No one did. Every night, it would just be an empty seat across from me, to the Kings right. Huh. But Vanlanthiriel sat on the other end of the table to the right. With all of her friends. And apparently she had one favorite, since he sat beside her all the time, and he was apparently just so funny. I would feel anger boil inside of me every time I saw this. Why, you ask?

Jealous.

No. I was not jealous. It just annoyed me to have to hear her stupid laughing and giggling all through the dinner is all.

So after my third dinner here, I stalked off to my room. I've been annoyed all day, and that muggles laughing did nothing to help it.

Stupid muggles.

I walked into my chamber and closed the door. I shrugged off my coat and laid it across the bed with a sigh. This better be worth it, I thought.

There was a soft knock on the door afterward. Who could that be? I opened the door to see her standing there.

"Hi, Tom," she said. But I could hear the quiver in her voice.

"Ah, princess," I said, leaning against the frame. "What do I owe this honor?"

"W-well. Umm, can I come in?" She asked. It was foolish really, to step aside and let her pass, but I never seemed to have control of my body around her.

When she had stepped inside, she turned back around to face me. I could see her hands shaking and them fiddling with each other in front of her.

"U-um, I just w-wanted to know i-if you needed anything." She said. What was wrong with her?

I narrowed my eyes at her and said, "No. No I do not."

"O-o-oh. Well, uhumm, Daddy wanted t-to know if you w-wanted anything." At this she stepped forward and placed her hand on my chest.

I grabbed her wrist. I knew what she was talking about. I was a bit surprised though, I hadn't expected the king to give his own daughter up like this.

"No, no I don't." I said again.

She looked worried, and extremely nervous. And it seemed like she couldn't find anything to say. So, I turned around and opened the door, only to have her jump in front of it and close it again.

"P-please," she begged. "D-daddy will be s-so mad if h-he knew I-I wasn't good enough for y-you."

I inwardly scoffed. Not good enough for me?

"And why should I help you?" I said, tilting my head to the side and keeping my cool demeanor.

Hurt washed through her face and she turned around and started to open the door slowly. I'm not sure exactly what happened in that moment. But next thing I knew my hand was on the door, closing in once again, and I was saying, "Well, we can't have such a pretty girl getting fussed at, now can we?"

She turned, eyes wide. "U-umm,"

I just smiled slyly and gestured for her to sit on the bed. She nervously walked over to it and on the edge. I removed my tie, and was quite amused when I looked over at Vanlanthiriel. I could read this girl like a book. She was scared and nervous. So it amused me even more when I said, "Aren't you going to go to sleep?"