please cancel my subscription to your issues

I don't wanna live forever, cause I know I'll be living in vain
I don't wanna fit wherever, I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home
I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home
I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home. . .

I shut my alarm off after ten seconds of listening to the song. Then I got ready for school.

I'd already been going to Mystic High for a month and so far, I liked it.

At first, I didn't want to like it. I was basically being forced to go but only agreed to get away from Roan. If he was going to be a hunter, then I'd be a werewolf.

But the classes were actually interesting and people were nice. Grace and Asher helped me adapt and everything was going along smoothly.

Except for the fact that Stella and Nicole and Taylor weren't here. That was the one thing I missed. Nothing else.

My first two classes passed by quickly. Then I had English with Grace, which was probably the most chill class of the day.

I sat next to Grace and worked on the homework we were supposed to have completed. But the teacher was pretty lenient with us turning it in late.

"I heard we're going to phase in gym class." Coincidentally, Grace and I were in the same gym class again. But it was drastically different than Rivier.

For one, werewolves and humans shared the same classes and the werewolves actually phased in some classes. But I'd always opted out of it.

"You should really join us instead of watching." She crossed her legs and leaned back in her seat.

"I don't know," I was almost done with the reading. Now all I had to do was answer three questions.

"You can copy mine," Grace got out the homework and I was about to grab it when she pulled it away, "If you come to gym class this time."

"Grace, that's not fair," I complained.

"You never phase, you'll have to someday."

"I haven't phased in a year. Probably more." I hated the pain that went with it.

"Why not?" It wasn't an accusation, but more a curious question.

"Because I've spent my whole life pretending to be human. Besides, I think my wolf's dead or something."

"Then you should phase. You'll never know if you don't try." Grace pressed but I shook my head.

"I promise I'll go someday, but not today. Now, can I see it? Please?" I asked, being uber polite, and she finally gave up, giving me her homework so I could copy it.

.•*•.

We were eating dinner at the mall food court, having a very pleasant conversation, when someone caught Mom's eye.

"Hey, isn't that Roan?" Mom nudged me and, unluckily for me, she was right.

About seven tables over, Roan was sitting alone, his face in his phone.